RN - Home Health Visiting Nurse 0.8 FTE Willing to Train and Great Work/Life Balance! Greater Redmond WA
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- WEEKEND VARIABLE - ROTATING AMONG TEAM
- HOME HEALTH VISITING NURSE FOR REDMOND HOME HEALTH AND HOSPICE BRANCH
Provides comprehensive skilled nursing care and services to patients in the home setting. Works on an interdisciplinary team to provide care in the home health, palliative care and hospice programs. Accountable for the assessment, development of plan of care, education and consultation related to pain and symptom management as well as adjustment to changes in health status. Plans for the return of patient care to primary Health Care providers as indicated.
- Communicates and collaborates with other interdisplinary team members and with the patient family in planning and implementing care. Records accurate and pertinent data in the electronic medical record in a timely manner, according to documentation guidelines. Adheres to KFHPW infection control, safety, hazardous waste, universal precautions, and CPR standards.
- Provides nursing interventions requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, and initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Follows through the plan of care as developed to: provide appropriate instruction to patient/caregiver about health care, disease management and adjustment to illness; direct and supervise the care and services of LPN and HHA in the home setting; perform treatments; instruct patients/families in self care activities and home safety; and competently perform skills/tasks per plan of care. This includes pain and symptom management in the home. Performs skilled procedures to include injections, dressings, catheter insertion and care, colostomy and trachiotomy, central line IVcareand blood draws. Identifies educational needs. Instructs patient according to the plan of care. Provides care and case management with interdisciplinary team.
- Identifies own learning needs, including those related to age-specific populations and participates in educational efforts to meet those needs. Participates in the following: staff orientation; self and colleague/team performance reviews; and activities related to quality care and cost saving measures. Adheres to KFHPW personnel policies and maintains a high standard of professional work habits. Demonstrates an appearance consistent with KFHPW dress code policy.
- Assesses patient need for care and communicates with other health care providers appropriately and in a timely manner. Collects data relevant to visit throughout the duration of care. Develops and initiates the plan of care based on assessment. Communicates and collaborates with medical doctor(s) to establish plan of care.
- Evaluates patient response to care through timely assessment, communication and observation. Modifies plan of care through assessement based upon patient and care systems response.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as Registered Nurse in medical surgical, home health or hospice.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Driver's License (Washington) required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Proof of automobile insurance.
- Demonstrated experience providing care planning within a community setting (continuum of care).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to transfer/position patients as needs require.
- Basic laptop skills including MS Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Horizon for home care system experience.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or a related health care field.
Washington Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 04:30 PM Job Schedule: Part-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: J01|SEIU|SEIU RN/ANRP Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Redmond Medical Center - Home Health - Int - Gennursing - 1130 Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.