Home Health Nurse II Short HourRedwood City, California
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Call-in/On-Call
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Home Health Nurse II Short Hour
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides age-appropriate skilled nursing care to patients in their place of residence in accordance with agency policy and procedure and state and federal regulations. Teaches the patient/family disease process and self-care needs. Monitors physiological state to determine an appropriate level of safety and comfort. Provides services requiring nursing skills in accordance with the plan of care. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides case management. Performs duties consistent with the nursing practice act that includes the standards of competent performance including Title 16, Chapter 14, Section 144.3 of the California Code of Regulations.
Provision of Care:
- Provides the initial all system nursing assessment prior to the provision of care.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions including obtaining written physician orders for changes.
- Provides care and services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also, nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Provides ongoing periodic all system assessment of the patient and the patient’s equipment needs.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedure (Home Health).
- Initiates timely discharges based on goals.
- Educates and instructs the patient, patient’s family or other staff as required.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Supervises and teaches LVN’s and HHA’s as required for patient care.
- Provides nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs.
Documentation and Communication:
- Documents all care, interventions and care coordination per law, regulation and agency policy.
- Notifies the patient’s attending MD, Podiatrist and other professional persons and responsible staff of significant changes in the patient’s condition in a timely manner.
- Assists in coordinating all services provided.
- Consults with other health professionals when needed.
Planning, Organizing and Productivity:
- Effectively plans and organizes work assignment, manages and sets competitive priorities, and completes work assignments with a minimum of direct supervision per agency policy and within established time frames.
- Adheres to the services policy and principles of the Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program.
- Supervises Home Health aides and LVNs according to law, regulation and agency policy.
- Behaves in a courteous professional manner with patients, health professionals and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Acts as a patient advocate in utilizing Medicare, MediCal, Health Plan and community resources.
- Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance activities and Utilization Review activities as requested.
- Selects and attends education programs to keep current in area of practice.
- Utilizes new knowledge and skills.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Annually prepares realistic professional goals and reviews their progress with Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum two years applicable registered nurse experience within the last five (5) years, as determined by the Employer, of which at least six (6) months must be home health experience within a hospital-based or community based home health agency.
- Knowledge of the nursing process
- Commitment to Service Orientation
- Effective written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Graduate from an approved school of professional nursing (AA, Diploma, or BSN)
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Driver's License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- Computer literate preferred
- Experience in automated clinical information systems preferred.
- Oncology, hospice or care of terminally ill experience preferred if working within the Hospice Department.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.