Hospital Outpatient Coder
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Review Medical Records to identify diagnoses/procedures.
- Reviews medical record documentation to identify diagnoses/procedures to be coded Independently organizes and prioritizes work assignments to ensure that records are coded timely and compliantly in conformance with regulatory requirements.
- Codes all appropriate diagnosis and procedures from the medical record using ICD-CM,
- CPT and HCSPCS coding classification systems.
- Responsible for the sequencing of diagnoses and procedure codes in accordance with guidelines outlined in ICD-CM, CPT, Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set, Medicare regulations and other appropriate classification systems.
- Verifies and abstracts the appropriate data from the medical records to meet requirements for data submission and reporting. Corrects data as needed.
- Ensures that all data abstracted is consistent with guidelines outlined by TJC, OSHPD, CMS, and regional and local KP policies.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of data abstracted and coded based on medical record documentation prior to data submission or coding completion.
- Interacts with physicians to clarify and accurately document patient diagnostic and procedural information when appropriate.
- Ensures timely data completion by meeting coding/abstracting productivity/quality standards established for the position.
- Confidentiality/Security of Systems: Maintains and complies with policies and procedures for confidentiality of all patient records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of privacy and security of systems and associated policies and procedures for maintaining the security of the data contained within the systems.Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest