Laboratory Assistant II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Under the direction and oversight of the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Manager, or designee, within the scope of Unlicensed Laboratory Personnel as described in B&PC 1269, receives and processes specimens, performs clerical tasks and performs phlebotomy. May operate automated or semi-automated test equipment, or plate and process microbiology specimens under the direct and constant supervision of a licensed person, as authorized by the California lab law.
- Draws blood from patients finger, heal, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Obtains the correct amount and type of specimen.
- Documents all requests and released results of lab work accurately.
- Informs physicians of released lab results.
- Completes appropriate routing, handling, and processing of various medical specimens.
- Orders, distributes and stocks supplies as needed.
- Trains and reports on the work performance of other Laboratory Assistants.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Compliance Accountability:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Phlebotomy Technician II Certificate (California) OR Phlebotomy Technician I Certificate (California)
- Ability to perform all Laboratory Assistant I duties.
- Must be able to perform all Laboratory Assistant I duties.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.