Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Medical Social Worker II - Grade 10Location: Redwood City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 696491 Date posted: 05/17/2018
- Provide psychodynamic interventions, crisis intervention, grief/bereavement counseling, problem solving, stress reduction & developing healthy coping strategies in individual/family/group settings. Provide counseling to help patients cope w/ acute/chronic/terminal illnesses.
- Responsible for developing & implementing individual Plan of Treatment which assist patients & families to cope &/or restore social, emotional, financial & environmental factors which affect &/or affected by illness.
- Completes biopsychosocial strengths based assessments. Partners w/ patient to identify needs & develop & implement individual treatment plan based on mutually agreed upon treatment plan.
- Discuss options for care proactively including Kaiser resources & external community/government resources to assist patient/family in developing short & long term care plans as appropriate. Team w/ other disciplines in assessing, planning & providing services for patients utilizing biopsychosocial information.
- Assist patient in advocating for self to receive appropriate services w/in Kaiser & community. Assist patient & family in placing patient in higher level of care as determined by team & patient, if applicable.
- Takes, reviews, evaluates & prioritizes written & oral referrals.
- Functions as part of the Home Health/Hospice Team to assure appropriate, timely placement of Kaiser members in nursing facilities.
- Identifies appropriate levels of care & facilities for referred patients, where applicable.
- Collaborate w/ internal & external resources in Kaiser & the community to meet mutually agreed upon goals & objectives.
- Coordinates exchange of information between Kaiser, families, members & skilled nursing facilities.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Step I: Less than two (2) years' social work experience (M.S.W. field work not included).
- Step II: Two (2) to four (4) years of social work experience within the last five (5) years (M.S.W. fieldwork not included).
- Step III: Four (4) or more years of social work experience within the last ten (10) years (M.S.W. fieldwork not included).
- One (1) year experience providing direct service in medical or home health related setting - MSW internship considered.
- Home Health - Title 22 Requirement: Social worker means a person who has a masters of social work degree from a school of social work accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work Education and having one year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Hospice - California standards: Social worker means a person who has a master of social work degree from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and clinical experience relevant to the counseling and case work needs of patients and families.
- Masters in Social Work accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
- LCSW preferred.
- California Driver's License required.
- BLS required.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have solid psychosocial assessment skills.
- Knowledge of chronic and acute disease and how it impacts patient and family functioning.
- Demonstrated excellent oral/telephone communication skills and written documentation.
- Must be computer-literate and, preferably, experienced in automated clinical information systems.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively and efficiently handle demanding workload involving multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently as a collaborative, supportive team member.
- Must be able to master detailed and complex information regarding benefits and coordination of care.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.