Sr Health Educator/Supervisor, Part-time (Eng/Spanish)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provides high quality and cost effective project management, consulting, or technical expertise in a specific area of health education. Develops and implements local and region wide integration of health education programs, services and systems which may bridge multiple departments or facilities. Manages complex health education services, promoting the continuum of care.
- Consults with physicians and staff to promote and integrate high quality, evidence-based approaches to health education services in the clinical setting. Manages a variety of health education services, including establishing effective referral systems and marketing, monitoring quality documentation and reporting, and facilitating use of community services.
- Conducts needs assessments, designs, implements, and evaluates health education programs including integration into technology based modalities (such as webinars, video visits) to provide quality and cost-effective health education services. Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, and supervises health education staff. Develops and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate health education materials, tools and services, and integrates these within the clinical setting.
- May provide group or one-to-one health education services to members and the community. May develop and monitor project budgets. Prepares grants, proposals, and financial reports as required.
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g., HIV, nutrition, behavioral health, chronic disease, health promotion) as required. Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum two (2) years of directly related work experience in health education.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in design and coordination of health education services.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience leading/consulting with multiple stakeholders for collaborative problem solving, decision making and evaluation.
• Master's degree in public or community health, behavioral sciences, or related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning, group process theory and their applications.
• Demonstrated competency in applying evidence-based approaches to program planning, development, integration into care & evaluation.
• Demonstrated ability to apply cultural competence and health literacy to projects or programs for diverse communities.
• Project management experience.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of PC applications - presentation, document and analytical software programs.
• Familiar with using social media.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• QBS Level I Spanish Required
• Experience in managing staff and budget management preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.