Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Storekeeper II - Grade 185 - Redwood CityLocation: Redwood City, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 816422 Date posted: 08/20/2019
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to move, gathered, or distributed.
- Determines the quantities of stock needed to replenish departments' supplies.
- Fills requisitions from stock in storage area.
- Fills work orders, requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes to procurement clerks to process properly.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Prepares parcels for mailing including packing supplies in cartons and delivering to requisitioning department.
- Packs, crates, and prepares bills of lading for outgoing shipments.
- Assists w/ incoming calls from vendors, end users, and other Material Services personnel regarding delivery and receipt questions.
- Contacts vendors, end users and/or accounts payable concerning damaged, partial, incomplete or incorrect shipments.
- Returns supplies and equipment for credit or repair.
- Resolves problems relating to the ordering, receiving, and distribution of materials by contacting requisitioning and regional departments.
- Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Marks materials w/ identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
- Restocks departments' supply closets.
- Handles inventories department supplies.
- Records amounts and condition of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution w/in plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Uses computer to enter records, and other automated and manual systems.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Six (6) months of experience as a Storekeeper I, or six (6) months of experience as a Storekeeper in another organization.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Valid California Drivers License.
- Basic familiarity w/ computerized data entry.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.