Account Management IIRenton, Washington
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Account Management II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Develops and executes account and/or book of business plans to ensure attainment of book-specific goals.
- Develops open enrollment strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for existing accounts in assigned Book of Business.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and to protect against losses.
- Uses pricing and products to anticipate and to create opportunities for growth which may include effective use of the revenue investment funds or other alternative options to support business targets.
- Identifies, capitalizes and closes on cross sell opportunities.
- Analyzes and improves the risk position in a group.
- Develops 365 strategies and Open Enrollment engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Identifies and prioritizes target accounts/agencies, developing specific account plans, and directing daily activities to achieve account goals.
- Effectively manages all aspects of the regional renewal process including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentations.
- Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving desired account results.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
- Recommends and negotiates the strategy and changes with customers by offering a range of tailored options to meet the various needs of all constituents.
- Collaborates with Sales Executives/Manager to maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains broker and/or channel partnerships to increase business potential.
- Continuously engages customers and/or channels to understand KPs value from the customers point of view and strategically align our capabilities to fill their needs.
- Ensures that account data is current, accurate and complete on internal sales tracking system(s).
- Internal work includes the creation of strategic documents and tracking progress towards identified goals in Sales Connect.
- Develops and executes demonstrations and training to teach employers, brokers and/or agency contacts KP online technology to maximize of all KP online tools.
- Effectively leverages use of supporting staff including Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time management between membership and employer focused activities.
- Supports National Accounts in ensuring successful execution of systems, processes, by working with key departmental interfaces and partners within the region, as applicable.
- If Occupational Health:
- Collaborates on the development of ongoing strategies and engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- If Occupational Health: Minimum three (3) years of experience in workers compensation processes, products, and contracts.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration or related degree OR four (4) years of experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- If Occupational Health: Bachelors degree in finance, business administration,risk management and insurance, nursing OR four (4) years of experience in business development, risk management, and/or insurance.
- Proven track record of meeting individual business objectives.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to complex issues.
- Strong computer and analytic skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Effective account management skills.
- Excellent customer service phone skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and a quick learner of key information.
- Collaborative work style.
- If Occupational Health: Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to workers compensation services, policies and procedures.
- If Occupational Health: Working knowledge of and experience with employee group benefits.
- If Occupational Health: Knowledge of occupational health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Two (2) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration in health care industry.
- Two (2) years of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products and contracts.
- Background experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance carrier, TPA, or benefits administration provides an advantage.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.