Account Management IVRenton, Washington
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Account Management IV
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Responsible for retention, increased membership, and the sale of new products and services for existing accounts in assigned book of business to achieve membership, revenue and margin targets. Creates and executes a business plan that positions KP to optimize our opportunities across book of business. Develops and implements marketing/account/book of business strategies which enhance Kaiser Permanentes position in the market. Leads the work of account teams and account support to ensure the execution of effective sales strategies. Develops strategic partnerships to optimize account growth.
- Leads the collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account.
- Identifies membership growth, retention and expansion opportunities through analysis of customers business objectives, their industries, and the dynamics of the health care market.
- Develops ongoing member enrollment strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Meets or exceeds assigned retention and growth targets for existing accounts in assigned Book of Business.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and protect against losses.
- Identifies, capitalizes and closes on cross sell opportunities.
- Identifies and communicates early indicators of risks and opportunities within the region.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case which assesses membership and financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Develops 365 strategies and Open Enrollment engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Leads and manages the account team in prioritizing and targeting accounts, developing specific account plans and directing daily activities to achieve account goals.
- Develops and executes strategy and account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals and optimal positioning including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentations.
- Obtains, utilizes and accurately analyzes key competitive data for management in a timely manner that facilitates achieving desired account results.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
- Provides analysis and makes recommendations to help facilitate senior leaderships involvement in strategic plans.
- Strengthens KPs competitive position in the marketplace.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve business relationships with customers to optimize growth potential.
- Collaborates with Sales Executives/Manager to maintain positive relationships with brokers and/or consultants.
- Builds and maintains broker/channel partnerships to increase business potential.
- Initiates and leads account specific strategy development with internal departments.
- Strategically consults with customer channels on all components of strategy/offering.
- Develops and executes account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals.
- Proficiently leverages use of support staff including Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time management.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the health care industry.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Advanced computer and analytic skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Effective account management skills.
- Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Complete understanding of and experience with employee group benefits.
- Knowledge of health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience actively participating within the account management team to identify barriers and build a successful strategic planning to advance relationship and goals.
- Four (4) years of experience working with senior-level managers and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for relationship management and consultation.
- Four (4) years of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.