Assistant Manager Clinical Operations (MLT)Renton, WA
Mental health is an essential component of total health. As mental health professionals, we’re on the front lines every day, using the latest advances to help those in need. If you share our passion for care and our commitment to helping those around us, you’ll have the resources you need to make a real difference. Our services include adult and child therapy as well as help with addiction and eating disorders.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
These are the traits of the most successful members of our behavioral health team.
- Good listener
- Results driven
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
Supportive Teams & Resources
NOTE: Benefits may vary based on your Kaiser Permanente region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups. *Offerings vary by location.
We offer a mental health environment that's unique both in the way we treat our patients and in the way we support our health care professionals. Here, we practice evidence-based care in a team setting that’s focused on the needs of the individual, the family and the population as a whole. This gives your patients the opportunity to work towards achieving their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. On our teams, we hold social justice as a shared value and are committed to addressing and eliminating stigma associated with mental health and addiction. Working as part of a team also helps support your own career growth while you provide high-quality strengths-based, brief, solution-focused, and episodic mental health care.
What Our Employees Say
Psychiatric Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente has been an excellent platform for me to grow as a professional. The organization has demonstrated its commitment to the continued growth of its employees through the training it offers and encourages. I’ve always resonated with the organization’s integrated approach to health care, and its recognition of how essential good mental health is to a person’s overall well-being.”
Licensed Certified Social Worker
“I would recommend and do recommend working for Kaiser Permanente. It’s a professional, clean, friendly, fast-paced environment and there is a real trust and respect for clinical staff no matter what role we serve. I love feeling valued and heard and am thankful to have found an environment that provides that.”
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
“This is the best place to work because of the commitment to the total health of our members, the work/life balance, the possibilities to use clinical skills in a variety of capacities within the organization and opportunities for personal and professional growth. As employees of Kaiser Permanente, we all have a voice and are encouraged to use it.”
Clinical Program Manager
“At Kaiser Permanente, I have opportunities to learn and work in a professional setting with people who are passionate about patient care. I love my career as a therapist and now as a manager! I really enjoy helping others and learning new interventions and modalities. These ensure my personal and professional growth.”
“Kaiser Permanente is a health care leader who sets trends and makes a difference in industry practices and protocols. I like the extraordinary resources available to do my job, the servant leadership of my manager and director, and the high standard of business and clinical ethics.”
PsyD, Clinical Psychologist
“We’re an innovative, vision-forward company. While Integrative-Care models are relatively new, we’ve been on the frontlines of building out a high-functioning integrated team for over a decade. Within this model of care, we’re pushed to think out of the box when it comes to patient care, be collaborative, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.”
PhD, Licensed Certified Social Worker – Clinical
“Kaiser Permanente demonstrates its commitment to their employees’, has a top-notch salary and compensation package, and has a leadership body that is well trained and supportive. As a Clinician and a Manager, I am very impressed with our commitment to quality outcomes. I have truly found a home here and would be honored for Kaiser Permanente to be my last professional stop in my career.”
PsyD, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Psych Social Worker
“Kaiser Permanente, in my opinion, is a great mix of professional, friendly and fast-paced. They allow me to be who I am and let me have a voice. I love being a therapist and I’m very proud and excited about the Gender Assessments and transgender group work being conducted. I’m helping the LGBT community and making this population feel comfortable throughout their care journey. Kaiser Permanente is a breath of fresh air to me in my work.”
“I appreciate how Kaiser Permanente strives to reflect inclusivity and representation throughout the organization. I’m excited about an internal clinic comprised of African American clinicians dedicated to supporting the health needs of the African diaspora. I’m proud to be part of committees that intentionally promote equity, inclusion and diversity. These things combined with the benefits, opportunities and people make Kaiser Permanente a great place to work.”
Assistant Manager Clinical Operations (MLT)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Manages daily clinical operations in designated areas within a medical center or care delivery site. The Assistant Manager Clinical Operations is directly responsible for the clinical teams and services within a designated area and works closely with providers and managers to assure the delivery of clinical, ancillary, and business services in the medical center or care delivery site in a way that meets or exceeds standards while providing an excellent patient experience across all services.
- Operational Excellence: Manages the daily operations of assigned clinical teams and services to assure optimal delivery of safe, appropriate, accessible care and service. Supports/facilitates coordination of workflow across medical, nursing, technical, ancillary and office staff. Collaborates with managers to align operations and implement/monitor interdisciplinary change initiatives, including access, workflow, quality, service and safety improvements. Assures adequate staffing levels are in place to meet patient needs.
- Staff Engagement and Development: Manages staff, including selection, training and development, performance management, recognition, discipline and termination. Supports all team members, including medical staff, in achieving performance expectations and standards. Supports a culture of excellent service and communication that positively influences staff engagement. Assures a safe, productive, and supportive work environment for all staff.
- Patient Experience: Assures that staff deliver patient care that meets or exceeds clinical quality and safety standards. Trains and supports staff in delivering a consistent customer experience. Resolves service/care issues, unusual occurrences (UOs), including patient complaints, as they occur within assigned area.
- Financial Stewardship: Manages within resources allocated. In collaboration with other medical center management colleagues, makes operational adjustments as needed to meet financial targets.
- Compliance and Emergency Preparedness: Establishes processes to monitor and support frontline staff in maintaining clinical standards and practice in accordance with local, state and federal requirements. Assures ongoing compliance and adherence to KP policy/procedure, as well as other compliance, regulatory and accreditation requirements. Assures that staff within the clinical team are trained and know what is expected during and after an emergency.
- Minimum two (2) years of post-masters experience as a therapist.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as a charge nurse, lead, or supervisor in a clinical environment managing the day-to-day work flow and performance of others; identifying and meeting customer requirements; and working effectively with medical staff.
- Masters degree in behaviorial health science.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Washington) required at hire OR Mental Health Counselor License (Washington) required at hire OR Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (Washington) required at hire
- Ability to mentor, develop and engage staff, monitor performance standards, deliver results, and hold staff accountable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise.
- Effective communication, collaboration and change management skills.
- Three (3) years of post-masters experience as a therapist.
- Two (2) years of experience as a charge nurse, lead, or supervisor in a clinical environment managing the day-to-day work flow and performance of others, identifying and meeting customer requirements, and working effectively with medical staff.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, managed care, health care delivery systems and nursing practice.
- Financial management skills.
More From Kaiser Permanente
Careers in Mental Health
Join a team that helps empower our members to achieve all of their physical, mental, and behavioral health goals. Learn more about our culture, programs, and opportunities.
Mental Health Training Programs
Comprehensive programs where more than 200 mental health trainees can work and learn in communities across Northern California.
Mental Health at Kaiser Permanente
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.