Associate Account Management IVRenton, Washington
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Associate Account Management IV
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Please visit the Technical Information page for assistance or reach out to the web manager at email@example.com.
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Manage business processes that support achieving and maintaining optimal business position in order to sustain and grow membership. Provide support to group Account Management client servicing functions and preparation of information to existing accounts to ensure deadlines are met and a timely response given to inquiries. Create sales opportunities through targeted external customer facing enrollment activities, effective relationships with brokers/consultants and front line benefit contacts, to increase membership, build support for KP, and enhance group customer loyalty and retention. Monitor and maintain data integrity within sales systems, accounts and book of business in order to improve external communication, sales performance, and book of business management.
- Track, monitor and ensure that contracts, pricing and membership accounting have accurate information and implement the negotiated terms of final renewal with focus on large, high visbility or tactically important accounts.
- Lead and manage the process of resolving sensitive employer-initiated concerns in order to build purchaser loyalty and retain membership.
- Drive the RFP response process end to end.
- Through ongoing account contacts, identify situations that may signal opportunities for growth and alert account manager.
- Utilize information deduced from account relationship to inform open enrollment specialist/strategist about potential enrollment opportunities.
- Identify and report trends and/or systematic issues within a book-of-business as they become apparent and provide solutions and possible opportunities for growth.
- Participate in Account Strategy sessions and works on large, high visbility, or tactically important targeted accounts in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Act as the primary point of contact for group customer contacts as related to contracts, benefits, rates or renewal activities.
- Monitor payment and eligibility practices of national customers to proactively identify financial performance.
- Build strong customer commitment and support by engaging customers through outreach to collect feedback to ensure successful resolution and gain feedback for ongoing process improvement.
- Identify and resolve interregional and/or cross-functional problems or issues and communicate and document all customer issues to regions and applicable parties.
- Collect specific business information and competitive data required for account strategies by established deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and complete data is entered into correct business applications.
- Review data and alert account manager to outliers or potential problems.
- Create customized presentations and reports to support broker/consultant, customer needs and account strategy.
- Recommend any 365 opportunities identified through data reports.
- May provide leadership to the team: Leads other team members and ensures that weekly reports and deadlines are met according to established guidelines. Coach and train team members as needed. Build and maintain positive working relationships within the team, department and organization. Provide input into the recruitment, hiring, coaching, mentoring and monitoring of employees.
- If National/Strategic:
- Develop and execute 365 employee engagement and open enrollment plans with regional partners.
- Manage resolution of customer and member service issues with the regional teams.
- Lead and/or collaborate in the coordination cross regional growth opportunities.
- Participate in interregional account teams to coordinate renewals and ensure creation of a single uniform presentation.
- Minimum six (6) years experience in sales, telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Minimum three (3) years experience of the above in sales, account management or health plan administration in the health care industry.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration or related degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Three (3) years experience with employee group benefits.
- Three (3) years experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends and changes in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Possesses and maintains a high level knowledge of Kaiser Permanente and the products offered.
- Demonstrated record of meeting individual business objectives.
- Experience using customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to issues.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Proficiency in effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.