Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Consult Nursing Educational & InformationLocation: Renton, WA Job Number: 956898 Date posted: 05/04/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
System administrator responsibilities include ensuring that clinical algorithms in system upgrades of existing systems and in implementation of new systems are clinically appropriate and function in a way that optimizes quality of care, patient safety, and cost. This is accomplished by leading and/or working collaboratively with application analysts, IT staff, clinicians, and operational managers in the planning, development, testing, training, implementation and evaluation phases of system upgrades and implementation. Accountable to improve how CM clinical and non-clinical staff interact with systems by using system functionality. Accountable for education program development and implementation to support knowledge and skills of CNS nursing staff; develops training to support key initiatives in quality/redesign/practice improvement; accountable for clinical nursing orientation; provides consultation and leadership to clinical teams in the orientation, training and selection of new employees; collaborates with leaders to implement strategies and programs to support clinical and service quality improvement and workforce planning initiatives; supports managers in achieving desired performance of clinical nursing staff. Accountable to ensure that departments clinical protocols are current and accurately reflected in EMR documentation systems. Accountable to support the research to ensure protocols are evidence-based and that protocols are in alignment with GH clinical practice.
- Manages system upgrades and implementation, including management of clinical algorithms, troubleshooting and working with vendors when applicable. Optimizes clinical decision support tools. Serves as a liaison between IT and CNS clinical operations and managers. Provides advice and consultation to clinical leaders regarding informatics-related topics, participates in clinical improvement projects. Acts as system administrator for Epic Triage module and for Dawn AC.
- Develops curriculum training to assure key clinical initiatives in quality, safety and practice improvement are integrated into practice. Assures orientation programs for new nursing staff are completed and documented. Collaborates with leaders and preceptors to implement strategies to monitor and evaluate clinical orientation. Supports managers in achieving desired performance of clinical nursing staff.
- Manages department clinical guidelines including timely review of protocols and ensuring content is reflected in the clinical systems. Develops and maintains clinical standard work documents.
- Provides clinical oversight and ad hoc clinical consultation to IT technical staff on topics such as interface design, clinical content decisions, etc.
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing practice, preferably in an ambulatory care environment.
- Master's degree in nursing or clinical informatics.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Prior experience in developing nursing educational programs.
- Clinical operations experience including use of and training others on clinical information systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to interpret and summarize complex concepts.
- Customer orientation.
- Analytical and creative problem solving abilities.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Clinical expertise in team and program development, clinical practice in non-acute nursing, teaching, group facilitation, program evaluation, individual and group skills assessment, and adult learning theory.
- Clinical informatics: building of clinical algorithms, data reporting, quality assessment, and assurance.
- Five (5) years of experience in nursing management with clinical informatics experience.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.