Director of Sales, Large Group Commercial, WA Region
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Lead, coach and develop professional sales staff in new group sales in order to achieve membership and margin targets, continually improve performance and translate key initiatives into action. Conduct day to day management of sales team for assigned market segment. Achieve commercial new group membership enrollment forecast for assigned segment. Monitor daily performance and workflow of sales staff to deliver on expectations for quota achievement, sales pipeline development. Manage and enhance relationships with brokers/consultants. Create new sales distribution channels and manage and enhance existing sales channels.
- Leads the team to execute established strategy.
- Provides direction and hold staff accountable for book of business membership and margin targets.
- Identifies resources needed for the team to achieve organizational performance goals.
- Uses consistent enterprise-wide practices to hire the right people and provide consistent orientation.
- Develops individual career paths and leadership opportunities for staff.
- Evaluates and provide substantial performance review input on all staff in the office.
- Effectively leverages KPs coaching framework to support team development and sales excellence.
- Leads the ongoing effort to educate, inform and influence operations leadership about the marketplace. Identify and develop target prospects.
- Provides overall direction and coordination of support resources for all Sales housed and working in their geographic area/line of business responsibility and in concert with all regions where appropriate.
- Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term as well as short term perspective.
- Work closely with/drive cross-functional teams/initiatives across organization supporting unique business segment strategic needs to insure business needs addressed and operational efficiency/effectiveness.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key local influencers, consultants, brokers, decision makers, and community groups that will further the local presence strategy for KP.
- Manage success of new, complex distribution channels including Brokers, Navigators, Assistors as well as Direct Sales channels to achieve membership, margin and market-share targets.
- Provides input, with regional and MSBD leaders, in the assessment, development and execution of business and market segment plans, including forecast and target setting activities.
- Anticipates key business, marketplace and competitor dynamics and develop/implement strategies that ensure growth and mitigate adverse risks.
- Collaborates with Business Line Leaders across the Enterprise to measure and lower acquisition costs through the implementation of best practices and shared services.
- Ensures a high level of service is provided to new group customers and their consultants and brokers during the enrollment process to ensure smooth transitions to the account management team.
- Supports the optimization and collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account.
- Develops and implements comprehensive sales plan to meet the overall business objectives for membership, revenue and margin.
- Accountable for ensuring budget for department/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
- Assists in the development, population, and maintenance of program and/or region-wide relevant data and information, including competitive data, financials, and ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure and provide required documentation that account management activities and staff are operating as 100% compliant per state and internal regulatory guidelines.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships of which five (5) years must have been spent in a direct management capacity.
- Minimum six (6) years of the above experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- Demonstrated track record of successful recruitment, selection and development of sales/account management staff.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Possesses complex problem solving skills, a high degree of business acumen and ability to influence change across all functional areas of the organization.
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of the health care industry and market dynamics and trends for all health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of medical management operations and strategies in health care facilities and field.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current with changes, proposed or threatened, of Federal and State laws, regulations, contracts and rulings related to health care.
- Demonstrated experience effectively work cross-functionally across the organization and externally with members, State policy makers and regulators, key community agencies/influencers/employers/brokers.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively driving policy and responding to developments, new requirements and new legislation imposed by agencies.
- High level of proficiency to plan effectively in an uncertain and volatile environment; to develop strong relationships both internally and externally to effect changes needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest