Director of User Research, KP DigitalRenton, Washington & Additional Locations
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Job Level: Director/Senior Director
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Director of User Research, KP Digital
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Notes: Remote role. Must be located in GA, OR, CA, CO, WA, MD, DC, HI or VA
The Experience Design Group Lead is a Director level role responsible for driving cross-experience group strategy and vision in collaboration with product and engineering leadership. This is an opportunity for you to drive the digital user experience and positively impact tens of millions of lives. You will be at the forefront of bringing our digital experience to life. You will create compelling experiences and lead a team of designers, content writers, and researchers within a dual-track agile environment. You will be responsible for hiring, managing and cultivating design talent. You will serve as the subject matter expert on human centered design and design thinking methods. Ideally you will bring demonstrated experience navigating a digital transformation from waterfall to agile.
- Oversees the operation of multiple units and departments by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts, and incorporating them into business plans; gaining cross-functional support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; ensuring matrixed resources are fulfilling service or performance requirements across reporting lines; and ensuring products and/or services meet customer requirements and expectations, while aligning with organizational strategies.
- Demonstrates continuous learning and maintains a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of talent; motivating teams; preparing individuals for growth opportunities and advancement; staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance when difficult decisions need to be made; and ensuring performance management guidelines and expectations drive business needs.
- Oversees the development of requirements, for process or system solutions spanning multiple business domains by consulting with stakeholders and directing IT teams (for example, Solutions Delivery, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture).
- Directs the management of business requirements to meet business, functional, and non-functional requirements (for example, SMART).
- Assesses the costs, benefits, ROI, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of proposed solutions.
- Oversees and takes accountability for the solution design process by ensuring solutions are aligned with business strategies, operational work flow, established budgets, and vendor service level agreements.
- Oversees the implementation of and adherence to standardized tools, templates, and processes to support continuous process improvement across business domains.
- Communicates lessons learned and feedback to consulting teams, senior leadership, and the larger IT consulting community.
- Empowers IT consultant teams to identify sustainable best practices which align with the strategic and tactical goals of cross-functional business units.
- Oversees partnerships between IT consultants, Program/Project Managers, and other IT planning leaders to drive workforce planning efforts.
- Determines if the necessary skills and knowledge required to meet ongoing and changing business demands exists across business or technical domains, and ensures skill and knowledge gaps are closed through talent development and outsourcing as appropriate.
- Approves and directs additional staff augmentation through managed service agreements as needed.
- Develops the functional model for managing capacity and demand for IT Consultant resources across business functions.
- Oversees budgets and capital planning across departments and annual business cycle levels.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience.
- Minimum two (2) years managing operating budgets and/or project financials.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field and Minimum eight (8) years experience in IT consulting, business analysis, or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Five (5) years experience working for a health care organization
- Five (5) years experience working for an IT organization
- Three (3) years experience overseeing projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Two (2) years experience overseeing the development and management of vendor relationships.
- Four (4) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or other comparable business analyst or IT consulting certification
Pershing Point Plaza IT, 1375 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30309 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 04:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Director/Senior Director Specialty: IT Consulting Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD Strtgy Insights - 9601 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.