Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst III
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This individual contributor is primarily responsible for supporting financial planning, modeling, analysis, and forecasting, identifying and preparing reports on financial and budgeting trends, assisting in analysis of operational performance, and gathering and preparing recommendations on financial activities and plans.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by proactively providing resources, information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; creating plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; anticipating and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area to generate creative solutions; ensuring all procedures and policies are followed; leveraging an understanding of data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Supports the evaluation of the business environment by conducting financial assessments (e.g., Situational, Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats, Opportunity-Based Strategic Planning, system value chain analysis); and generating reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data.
- Completes costing activities by identifying cost avoidance and cost recovery opportunities.
- Supports improving financial performance by identifying financial trends; using results of analyses; calling attention to operational issues that need to be addressed to improve performance; and partnering with the business to address operational performance issues.
- Supports business modeling by developing best-practice models; analyzing risk alternatives; and developing what-if scenarios and forecasts using in-house models or software.
- Supports reporting of region/business unit financial information by evaluating financial trends, data analysis reports, and forecasts of income and expense; reviewing assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses; and using data/inputs from region/business unit systems to support analyses (e.g., membership and utilization reports, volume reporting, day sales inventory, analysis spreadsheets, investment schedules).
- Supports assessment of the business vision, objectives, and strategic initiatives by conducting research to assess financial impact of strategies and initiatives.
- Creates budgets and/or forecasts under the guidance of others in accordance with business strategic initiatives by analyzing budgeting trends; preparing budget and forecasting; and coordinating with others to develop department/regional budgets.
- Evaluates performance/operations/ financial state by using and implementing templates (e.g., cash flow, RFA process, weekly unit case report) and computer applications; conducting complex financial analyses (e.g., operating cash flow analyses, pro forma P&L, line item walk forwards, volume building blocks, NPV, IRR, Discounted Cash Flow, statistical analyses, economic analyses); and completing complex variance analysis (e.g., volume, P&L line item, cost of goods, rate).
- Supports internal and external audits by assisting with preparation of audit schedules and review of audit results.
- Supports field operations by analyzing their operational/financial performance.
- Supports Financial Statement Analysis of business partners (e.g., suppliers, customers, co-packers, acquisition targets) by using software systems (Internet, Bloomberg, and D&B), annual reports, and/or interviews; determining the financial status (viability) of business partners; and assessing risk implications.
- Supports others in advising region/business unit leaders on strategic fiscal matters by preparing regular and special reports for both financial and statistical matters in order to facilitate financial management throughout the organization; and organizing regular meetings with leadership to review financial results for their areas.
- Supports strategic financial planning by performing and evaluating financial, utilization, and benchmark analytics.
- Supports strategic financial planning by gathering and preparing recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, financial requirements, and operating forecasts; and applying financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Bachelors degree in finance, business, or related field and Minimum three (3) years Financial Planning & Analysis experience, or directly related business experience. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- One (1) year project management experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with advanced functions of spreadsheet software (e.g., Excel), including graphics, pivot tables, macros and/or complex formulas.
- Three (3) years experience working with KP data sources or tools.
- Three (3) years health care experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with intermediate SQL and/or SAS coding.
- One (1) year construction and maintenance finance experience.