Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
Government Relations Master's InternshipLocation: Renton, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 841751 Date posted: 10/31/2019
The Government Relations Department at Kaiser Permanente develops, analyzes, and advocates for policy proposals that enhance health care affordability, promote care delivery transformation, and improve the health and wellbeing of all Washingtonians. Our portfolio includes health insurer, provider, hospital, public health, and workforce development issues.
- Inform: Ensure that our organization is aware of proposed policy and legislative actions at the local and state level that will impact Kaiser Permanente Washington as a health care organization.
- Collaborate: Work with local and state legislators and stakeholder groups on specific issues affecting our business.
- Advise: Advise on implications of local and state legislative activities and political climate.
The Intern will provide operational support to the government relations team, conduct research and analysis on health care policy topics, and lead special projects as necessary. Major responsibilities include:
- Monitor key bills under review during the 2020 legislative session and update internal tracking tools for distribution to team members.
- Support drafting of policy memos, factsheets, talking points, and testimony.
- Research and analyze health policy topics.
- Masters in public health, public policy, or health administration preferred.
- Experience in policy analysis, research, and communications.
- Two (2) years of directly related experience, preferably in a legislative office, non-profit organization, trade association, think tank, or in health care industry
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.