Manager Clinical Operations RN, OBGyn, Midwifery (Seattle) Sign on Bonus Eligible
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Leads, directs and supports the clinical operations in designated areas within a medical center under the leadership of the RDO, MCA or MCM. The Clinical Operations Manager is directly responsible for the clinical teams and services within a designated area and works closely with the providers and other medical center leaders to assure implementation of clinical, ancillary, and business services in the medical center in a way that meets or exceeds standards while providing an excellent patient experience across all services.
- Operational Excellence: Manages the daily operations of assigned clinical practice teams and services within a medical center to assure optimal delivery of safe, appropriate, accessible care and service. Support/facilitate coordination of workflow across medical, nursing, technical, ancillary and office staff. Collaborate and ensure effective communication with other leaders in the medical center to align operations and implement/monitor interdisciplinary change initiatives, workflow, quality and process improvements. Assures adequate staffing levels are in place to meet patient needs. Ensures assigned clinic teams are effectively assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care/service. Resolves service/care issues, UOs, including patient complaints, as they occur within assigned area.
- Financial Stewardship: Manages within resources allocated. In collaboration with other medical center management colleagues, makes operational adjustments as needed to meet financial targets. Identifies care-related capital needs and oversees background research for requests. Actively involved with project management, space planning, maintenance of the facility, procurement of supplies, and contract services within assigned area.
- Continuous Improvement: Implements complex change and improvements associated with access management, clinical quality, safety standards and service excellence. Patient Experience: Assures the delivery of patient care that meets or exceeds clinical quality and safety standards. Trains and supports staff in delivering a consistent customer experience. Resolves patient complaints and unusual occurrences (UOs).
- Staff Engagement and Development: Manages staff, including selection, training and development, performance management, recognition, discipline and termination. Supports all team members, including medical staff, in achieving performance expectations and standards. Supports a culture of excellent service and communication that positively influences staff engagement. Assures a safe, productive, and supportive work environment for all staff.
- Compliance and Emergency Preparedness: Ensures ongoing compliance and adherence to GH policy/procedure, as well as, other compliance, regulatory, accreditation, and institutional requirements. Administers clinical policy and procedures, program within GH by assuring consistent practice and providing local oversight as needed. Oversees frontline staff to maintain clinical standards and practice in accordance with all local, state and federal requirements. Assures that staff within the care team are trained and know what is expected during and after an emergency.
- Minimum two (2) years of operations experience as a nurse.
- Minimum one (1) year of management or supervisory experience in a clinical environment, including demonstrated success in managing financial resources, identifying and meeting customer requirements, and working effectively with medical staff.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, mentor, develop and engage staff, monitor performance standards, deliver results, and hold staff accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise.
- Effective communication, collaboration and change management skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible outpatient operations experience as a nurse.
- Three (3) years of management or supervisory experience in a clinical environment, including demonstrated success in managing financial resources, identifying and meeting customer requirements, and working effectively with medical staff.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, managed care, health care delivery systems and nursing practice.
- Master's degree in nursing preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.