Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Medical Assistant Secure Messaging (TPT, Renton Admin)Location: Renton, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 729736 Date posted: 09/11/2018
- Participate as a member of the health care team in providing patient care; may take vital signs; may bathe and feed patients as necessary; may assist in the therapy process such as requiring the patient to sit on the edge of the bed, assisting and encouraging the patient to work, requiring the patient to do sit-ups, etc.; maintain bedside charts and transfer information to the permanent charts; assist in the observation of patient's symptoms and report changes in patient's condition; may assist in the diagnostic procedures of patients; utilize aseptic techniques when necessary; transfer patients to and from the appropriate conveyance; transport patients to and from their nursing units to treatment and diagnostic units.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in nursing units, diagnostic, and treatment areas; make hospital and pre-operative beds, assist in setting up special equipment; clean and maintain equipment; report faulty or damaged equipment to appropriate personnel; order and stock supplies; perform simple laboratory tests such as diabetic tests, stool guiac, obtain C and S specimens; perform related duties as required.
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service experience in a health care setting OR experience involving direct patient care.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Washington State Certified Nursing Assistant OR Registered Nursing Assistant license is required by date of hire/transfer.
- Washington state driver's license with proof of insurance.
- Ability to provide documentation of 7.5 hours of HIV/AIDS training is required within 3 days of hire/transfer.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.