Medical Technologist (ASCP) (TPT)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Medical Technologist recognizes appropriate and inappropriate selection of lab tests and applies lab results to disease of patient therapy. Possess scientific knowledge to evaluate clinical lab technology. May oversee test results of Medical Lab Technician (MLT). Deviation from testing protocols will be evaluated by department manager or pathologist. This is a multi-tasking position that requires performance of pre-analytic, analytic, and post analytic phases of laboratory testing procedures up to and including A, B and C level testing; face to face and telephone customer service; computer data entry and retrieval, workplace cleanliness and maintenance. Includes responsibility for documentation of all activities, monitoring supplies, and compliance with all regulatory protocols related to safety and lab testing.
- A, B, and C level testing procedure(s) as defined by KFHPW laboratory system encompassing pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases. Quality control and quality assurance procedures and activities. Instrument and test maintenance and troubleshooting. Specimen processing. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of practices and equipment used for job assignments. Recognizes and can respond appropriately to abnormal test conditions.
- Computer Data Entry and Retrieval - Test accessioning, information lookup and resulting.
- Helps resolve problems and answer technical questions. Serves as a frontline resource to the laboratorys customers. Assists in the maintenance and updates of laboratory procedure manuals. Test method evaluations, validations and implementation.
- Other duties may include: Performing EKGs, computer data entry and look up, phlebotomy, may oversee the work of lab assistants and non-registered Techs to assure appropriate pre-analytic specimen preparation and B and C test performance. Recognizes the necessity of uninterrupted continuity of patient care.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous lab science experience as a medical lab technician/technologist/specialist (MLT).
- Completion of a lab technology program.
- Medical Technologist Certificate required at hire OR Medical Lab Scientist Certificate required at hire OR Clinical Lab Scientist Certificate required at hire
- Computer skills; communication, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience as a medical lab technician/technologist (MLT) in a clinic setting.
- Able to obtain ASCP registration shortly after hire/transfer.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology.