Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Patient Financial SpecialistLocation: Renton, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 736093 Date posted: 09/27/2018
- Applies in depth knowledge of industry standard billing rules to correct errors and resolve problems related to preparing and submitting accurate medical bills for services provided in our Hospital, ASC, Outpatient and pharmacy settings.
- Receives, posts and applies payments as appropriate. Negotiates payment arrangements and accepts credit card payments. Reviews and supports accounts being sent to collections. Analyzes unapplied cash and re-applies or refunds as appropriate according to written policies.
- Applies in depth knowledge of industry standard billing rules to investigate and resolve problems related to outstanding insurance and patient accounts. Conducts follow-up on claim denials and files appeals appeals as appropriate. Via phone, mail, and other correspondence methods, responds to internal and external customer billing issues.
- Participates in ongoing process improvement work.
- Minimum one (1) year of medical billing or insurance claims experience including customer service.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) required.
- Completion of a vocational school or certificate program in medical billing, health information technology, or other similar health care field.
- Industry standard medical billing rules and automated billing systems.
- Customer service skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.