Regional RN Clinical Residency & New to Specialty Fellowship Transition to Practice Coordinator ~ Exempt ~ WashingtonRenton, Washington
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
Regional RN Clinical Residency & New to Specialty Fellowship Transition to Practice Coordinator ~ Exempt ~ Washington
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Working under the direction of the Regional Program Manager for Nursing Professional Transition and Development Programs, provides facility-level leadership for the delivery of high quality and cost-effective professional transition programs including the New RN Graduate residency program. Provides clinical oversight and management of new graduate residents and partners with medical center leadership teams and departments to support effectiveness of local programs and success of residents.
- Coordinates with local talent acquisition team to recruit, post, select/hire, onboard and off-board new graduate RN residents as they progress throughout the residency program, ensuring that new residents are placed in regular positions in the appropriate line structure.
- Continuously monitors resident progression with learning goals, confidence assessments and competency assessments. Creates individualized development plans as needed to promote success, developing resident competency and the ability to safely manage full patient load efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborates with local leaders to foster an environment for optimizing the learning experience. Serves as a RN resident advocate supporting the development of residents skills/confidence for self-advocacy.
- Coordinates with local operational leaders, charge Nurses/team leads, and preceptors to ensure appropriate clinical placement and scheduling. Works to ensures that residents have the appropriate patient load, appropriate patient acuity level and adequate support to ensure patient safety.
- Coordinates and/or facilities delivery of clinical seminars, group discussions, situation debriefs, simulations, case studies, EBP seminars, and other learning activities for development of resident competence and competence.
- Participates in ongoing systematic evaluation of Nurse residency program and provides input for market-level reports, continuous improvement, and action plans. This includes but is not limited to: documenting periodic assessment of nurse residency program at the local level with action plans for required improvements.
- Collaborates and assists with curricula and competency selection, development and delivery of evidence-based education in support of the development of new graduate residents and safe patient care.
- Collaborates with local leadership to communicate and administer participant and preceptor selection processes and facilitates hiring decisions for residents, ensuring the selection of appropriate residents and preceptors resulting in successful long-term placement and retention of residents.
- Contributes to the development of market-level applications and submission of evidence for ANCC transition to practice accreditation and re-accreditation.
- Minimum eight (8) years directly related experience to include a minimum of two (2) years of experience leading educational and/or operational programs and initiatives at a regional or across multiple medical center/clinical sites to include: 1) adult education, curriculum development, delivery, and evaluation and content expertise in nursing practice; 2) Competency Development and Validation methodologies; 3) analyzing student/participant performance, identifying competency, knowledge, or experience gaps, and developing and implementing individual education/remediation plans. AND
- Minimum two (2) years in a clinical nursing leadership position.
- Minimum two (2) years of Nursing Education or Professional Development experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical nursing experience in acute care, ambulatory care or population health.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN), or related field required.
- Masters Degree in Nursing (MSN), Education, Healthcare Leadership or related field required.
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart Association
- Working knowledge of computer software programs (Microsoft suite), use of Learning Management (LMS) systems, and use of audio-visual equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, and providing constructive feedback for performance growth.
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking, facilitation of learning, and effective management of small and large group audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in development of web-based training and virtual synchronous learning facilitation.
- Experience in applying management and interpersonal skills including communication, consultation, coordination, influencing, negotiation skills.
- Prior experience with creation and submission of supporting documentation for ANCC PTAP Certification for New Grad Residency or other Nursing Practice Transition Programs and/or demonstrated experience with creating/submitting Magnet documents and participating in Magnet site visits.
- Familiarity with Joint Commission and/or other regulatory body education/training documentation requirements and experience with participating in site visits or audits and providing required documentation.Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Nursing certification in Nursing Professional Development (NPD-BC), Nurse Management and Leadership (CNML), Certification in Executive Nursing Practice (CENP) or other relevant certification.
- Two (2) years leading Nursing New Graduate Residency, Fellowship, and/or other Transition to Practice programs in the inpatient and/or ambulatory care setting.
- May require RN license for more than 1 state dependent upon assigned areas of responsibility.
- Doctorate degree in Nursing or Education or related field.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.