Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Assistant Manager Environmental ServicesLocation: Richmond, CA Job Number: 635003 Date posted: 10/31/2017
- Assists the Environmental Services Manager with the management of the daily operations of the department.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assists in regulating the daily activities of staff providing necessary guidance and support to maintain quality performance standards.
- Assists Environmental Services Manager in monitoring operational programs assuring that buildings are maintained in a safe, clean and operationally effective condition.
- Assists with the supervision of Environmental Services and Grounds keeping employees to ensure that work techniques, quality assurance standards, department policies and procedures and job specifications are adhered to.
- Assists with the interview and selection of Environmental Services personnel and overseas staff training and development as outlined by EVS Policies and Procedures.
- Assists with the annual competency assessment process. In conjunction with the Manager, develops, initiates and maintains EVS departmental policies and procedures relative to OSHA, DHS, The Joint Commission, NFPA, OSHPD and other governing agency regulations and standards.
- Documents staff training to ensure full program compliance.
- In the absence of the Environmental Services Manager communicates and coordinates department activities with those of other departments by attending and participating in Medical Center, Local Market and regional committees such as peer groups, safety, disaster, infection control, interior design and recycling committees.
- Assists with the evaluation of new products while adhering to National Purchasing Organization guidelines and National Facility Services standards.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of latest environmental trends, products and regulatory requirements necessary to deliver efficient and effective environmental services.
- Assists Environmental Services Manager in preparation of department budgets.
- Identifies opportunities to decrease costs and increase service levels.
- Identifies and implements best practices to generate new and innovative ideas to improve service and reduce costs.
License, Certification, Registration
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 11, 2017
"Sr. Business Consultant"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)
Company mission, employees and leadership who truly care about our patients and the staff, great wages and benefits, positive morale, team spirit.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.