Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Manager Marketing Communications - OpticalLocation: Richmond, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 779555 Date posted: 03/12/2019
Responsible for development and implementation of all Business to Business marketing programs targeted at Business audiences. Will work with Product Management, Regional Marketing and Senior Leadership to proactively develop marketing programs that support Kaiser Permanente objectives, generate new membership and ensure alignment with Kaiser Permanente Brand strategy. Will also support Sales by developing Business audience collateral, tools and materials for existing and new sales to generate membership. Responsible for effectively communicating Kaiser Permanente's differentiating benefits, products and services within marketing materials and programs for a wide range of business segments. Lead and manage team of project managers.
- Works with senior leadership, product management, regional marketing, and existing and new sales channels to proactively develop marketing programs.
- Actively participates in business line planning for Broker audiences.
- Develop marketing communications strategy and plan to support strategic and tactical efforts.
- Works with design and production groups to ensure a consistent branded look and feel for all marketing collateral, materials and programs.
- Manages progress and oversees quality of projects.
- Keeps abreast of market research, key competitive information, media and legislative issues, regulatory and legal guidelines, and clinical and organizational goals throughout the program.
- Leads and manages team of project managers.
- Works with creative team to develop written content for all program materials. Identifies and establishes relationships with internal experts.
- Remains current on all purchaser and broker-related information, such as rates, benefits, and health plan and medical group programs and performance. Establishes relationships with account managers and sales executives. Contributes to projects assigned to other team members. Participates in problem solving. Represents the department on regional and inter-regional committees and task forces as applicable.
- Establishes relationships with account managers and sales executives.
- Contributes to projects assigned to other team members.
- Participates in problem solving.
- Represents the department on regional and inter-regional committees and task forces as applicable.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and chang job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Kaiser Permanente's eye care services department in Northern California (Vision Essentials by Kaiser Permanente) has an immediate opening for a Marketing Manager to raise awareness of products and services.
- Drive members to our Optical retail locations, and promote the sale and usage of our optical benefit.
- The Marketing Manager crafts strategic messaging, creates collateral, evaluates marketing efforts, manages key marketing projects, and develops new ways to reach members.
- Responsibilities also include creating and implementing a campaign calendar.
- Collaborating with graphic designers.
- Ensuring timely and accurate printing and distribution of marketing materials.
- Working with retail managers on the visual merchandising of our stores.
- Supporting local stakeholders in communicating with Optometry.
- The position is based in Richmond, CA.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in indirect channel marketing.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in marketing that includes developing and implementing direct mail and electronic media marketing programs.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism or communications.
- High School graduate or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent communication skills including influence, negotiation, and facilitation.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency in software MS/OFFICE and web research.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Communications, journalism or other related field, business to business experience preferred.
- Prior health care experience strongly preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.