Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Optical Equipment Maintenance TechLocation: Richmond, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 805412 Date posted: 07/01/2019
- Ability to read and understand schematics and blueprints.
- Perform all tests and verification of optical equipment.
- Diagnose system problems and correct them.
- Keep current and assume responsibility for hazardous waste and environmental compliance.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical and automation problems.
- Order and maintain spare parts for optical equipment.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and supporting documentation.
- Adhere to all safety codes and implement safety repairs.
- May be required to train personnel in the safe operation of equipment.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Corporate Compliance Accountability:
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (KP's code of conduct) by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and KP policies and procedures.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; treats co-workers, patients, and facility visitors with respect.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification to ensure that instructions and requests are fully understood.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; reads and interprets written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Journeyperson with 4 years of optical experience.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- American Board of Opticianary certification.
- Skilled in al areas of Surface and/or Bench department.
- Excellent, demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.