Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Pharmacy Intern - Grade 395Location: Richmond, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 842524 Date posted: 11/13/2019
- Under direct supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, dispenses, compounds, procures, stores, and distributes pharmacy products.
- Consults with patients and medical personnel regarding medication therapy.
- Provides pharmaceutical care for hospitalized or ambulatory patients as assigned.
- Provides medical personnel and patients with medication information and product identification.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Attending accredited School of Pharmacy; or BS in Pharmacy with application submitted for CA pharmacist license.
- Current CA Intern Pharmacist License.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws, regulations, and standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or other sources and relate it to the patient's medical management plan.
- Ability to either type 30 WPM/6000 KPH, or type prescription labels required.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and operate pharmacy computer systems and other equipment, stand for long periods of time, read fine print, communicate with co-workers and patients, and lift/transport items from 1-50 lbs., light to moderate carrying, pulling, pushing, walking, frequent bending, stooping, reaching.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- MUST PASS BACKGROUND CHECK.
Skills Testing*: Typing 30WPM
*If it is determined that you need to complete testing to qualify for this position, you will receive an email inviting you to take the assessment(s) listed above. Passing test scores remain on file for one year.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.