Quality Assurance, UR & Case Management
Passion + Vision + Integrity = Excellence
Ensure consistency and the highest ethical standards across our entire organization. Our quality assurance team drives ongoing improvement by fostering an environment of support, providing technical and specialized consultative services, and inspiring ongoing excellence.
Quality Specialist, Medical Staff OfficeLocation: Richmond, CA Job Number: 905568 Date posted: 01/20/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Supervises the daily quality activities, ensuring timely and accurate data collection, follow up of issues and quality of work.
- Develops, implements and monitors quality departments policies and procedures; ensures they are in compliance with The Joint Commission, NCQA, CME, federal, state and local requirements.
- Assists in developing and revising QA monitors to meet accreditation/regulatory standards.
- Provides reports based on timely and accurate data collection, identifies trends and monitors issues.
- Monitors the budgets, researches variances, and identifies opportunities to reduce costs.
- Coordinates and facilities staff support to various committees (e.g., quality, accreditation) which includes agenda preparation and monitoring of outstanding issues. Coaches staff and ensures their competency.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates the CME programs, credentialing and privileges for permanent or temporary physicians and allied health providers.
- Coordinates and prepares for CME, accreditation, licensing, and quality surveys/audits.
- Maintains and monitors the various quality databases which may include quality reviews, CME, credentials and privileges and provider profiles.
- Assists in preparation of educational materials and course objectives. Maintains link between medical staff affairs and quality improvement, risk management, continuing medical staff education.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in quality improvement or accreditation required.
• Bachelor's degree in a health care related field or business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Ability to perform statistical analysis.
• Current knowledge of The Joint Commission, NCQA, federal, state, & local requirements.
• Knowledge in application of adult learning theory in program development.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Previous supervisory experience recommended.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About QA, Ur & Case Management Careers
Careers In QA, Ur & Case Management
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the same exemplary care no matter who you are, where you are, or what your needs. But how are those standards defined, measured, and assessed? That's where our quality assurance team comes in. Implementing the action plans and initiatives that will drive successful practices, you'll work across the organization to foster the necessary education, communication, and innovation that will enable us to operate as one KP — with our mission and goals in complete alignment.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.