The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Crna PDLocation: Riverside, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 796821 Date posted: 09/10/2019
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures (i.e. JCAHO, Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
- Evaluates patients pre-operatively by interviewing and examining patient; reviews chart for relevant information.
- In collaboration with the anesthesiologist selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative examination.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of each age group served: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative examination.
- Evaluates patient's response to pre-medication.
- Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist regarding special concerns of patient.
- Checks anesthesia equipment daily and between cases to assure safe operating condition.
- Prepares drugs for administration.
- Administers anesthesia in accordance with delineated clinical privileges and any conditions or restrictions imposed thereof.
- Monitors the patient intra-operatively.
- Evaluates operative and post-operative condition of patient and takes necessary action to maintain stability.
- Evaluates the patients postoperatively (within 24 hours).
- Precepts student nurse anesthetists.
- Maintains an accurate accounting of controlled substances in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Maintains equipment and supplies as outlined in department policies and procedures.
- Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures (i.e. JCAHO, CAC Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations when interacting with public, patients, staff, and other personnel.
- May perform other duties within scope of licensure/certification as required.
- Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) approved and accepted by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist issued by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists and/or Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- CRNA eligible and must achieve certification within five (5) months of date of program completion to continue employment.
- Valid BCLS card.
- Valid ACLS.
- Valid PALS card where required.
- Valid and current California RN license (Department Consumer Affairs).
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- CRNA's must demonstrate both technical/clinical and professional skill and ability along with all related techniques and procedures within the scope of practice as defined by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Additional skills are required in charting and documentation, knowledge of equipment and supplies, productivity, job and personal maturity communication, and education and staff development.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.