Passion + Vision + Integrity = Excellence
Ensure consistency and the highest ethical standards across our entire organization. Our quality assurance team drives ongoing improvement by fostering an environment of support, providing technical and specialized consultative services, and inspiring ongoing excellence.
Director Utilitization ManagementLocation: Riverside, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 824876 Date posted: 09/10/2019
- Provides overall direction, design, development implementation and monitoring of utilization programs to meet the Service Area's or Medical Center's utilization goals while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a resource to the medical staff, administrative staff, divisional, SCPMG, TPMG and external regulatory agencies in all issues relating to utilization management within the Service Area or Medical Center.
- Oversees outside medical services based on Health Plan benefit guidelines and medical necessity.
- Analyzes and reports significant utilization trends, patterns, and impact to appropriate departmental and medical staff committees.
- May direct the operations of outside referrals/transportation services.
- May serve as contract liaison for the Service Area or Medical Center on issues pertaining to new or existing contracts with outside vendors.
- Develops, monitors and controls department's budgets.
- Assures compliance with Federal, State, TJC, NCQA, other regulatory agencies and internal standards and requirements.
- Hires, coaches, trains and disciplines staff to ensure smooth operations in utilization management.
- Also facilitates educational training for medical staff on issues related to utilization management.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in directing utilization management and discharge planning in an acute care setting.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field such as management, health services administration.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations and healthcare management; TJC, Title XXII, Medicare, Medi-Cal and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of managed care operations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in a related field such as nursing, business or health services administration preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About QA, Ur & Case Management Careers
Careers In QA, Ur & Case Management
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the same exemplary care no matter who you are, where you are, or what your needs. But how are those standards defined, measured, and assessed? That's where our quality assurance team comes in. Implementing the action plans and initiatives that will drive successful practices, you'll work across the organization to foster the necessary education, communication, and innovation that will enable us to operate as one KP — with our mission and goals in complete alignment.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.