Supporting Total Health
Good nutrition is vital to supporting and maintaining total body wellness. Whether you're a registered dietitian, a nutritionist, or a food services professional, you'll promote our mission and spread good health through good nutrition when you join our team.
Executive ChefLocation: Riverside, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 857664 Date posted: 01/10/2020
- Ensures food quality and safety by establishing and maintaining effective inventory, order, receiving, storage, and food production control systems that maintain on-going compliance with all applicable requirements of TJC, Title 22, and the appropriate Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures for area of responsibility.
- Recruits, orients, trains, evaluates and, where appropriate, disciplines staff in area of responsibility.
- Establishes and actively participates in an on-going Quality Management Program or Process that proactively identifies and meets the customer needs of our members, patients and staff.
- Ensures cost-effective service delivery through active participation in the development and on-going monitoring of the operating and capital budgets for area of responsibility.
- Ensures accuracy of cafeteria and catering pricing structures.
- Continuously strives to improve Public Service quality by developing specialty events, restructuring menus, modifying cooking processes, developing new product recipes, and introducing new products and services.
- Collaborates with the management team to develop short and long-term operational goals that support the Service Area and Medical Center Strategic Plans.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, department safety and risk management issues for area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with the other Service Area managers to plan, integrate and coordinate provision of food products and services to all customer groups as needed.
- Works closely with administrators, physicians, peers and staff to customize menus and service arrangements in support of special catering and Medical Center events.
- Interacts directly with customers (staff, physicians, patients) to determine their satisfaction with food services and recommends/implements changes to improve quality.
- Minimum three (3) years of related food service management/chef experience within the last seven (7) years.
- Associate's degree in culinary arts or related field or other formal restaurant management/culinary certification.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong working knowledge of quantity scratch cooking with emphasis on quality.
- Must be able to work side-by-side with food production staff and manage same.
- Strong working knowledge of cafeteria and catering operations required, with demonstrated ability to manage large scale food procurement and production systems.
- Effective working knowledge of the principles of creating recipes for modified diets in the acute-care inpatient setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to train and work with staff to produce high quality food services.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computerized food service management systems required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Certified Executive Chef or other certified chef designation strongly preferred.
- ServSafe certification strongly preferred or other food safety certification.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Dietitians & Nutrition Services Careers
Whether you're supporting the health of our members, employees, or communities, the work you do supports our proactive approach to health. Opportunities exist in outpatient and inpatient care, health education, menu planning, food preparation, and more. In many of these roles, you may find yourself counseling members and community groups on their nutritional practices and educating them on how the right diet can help prevent disease and promote health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.