Education & Training
Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Health Educator I (Spanish Desired, RD Required) 40 hrs per weekLocation: Riverside, CA Job Number: 915274 Date posted: 11/13/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Conducts needs assessments, establishes priorities, designs, implements, & evaluates basic health education programs, protocols, & standards
- Coordinates a wide range of health education services, including establishing effective referral & publicity systems, monitoring quality & documentation, providing scheduling & logistical support, & facilitating use of community services to promote the delivery of cost effective health education services
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to members & the public
- Reviews, develops, & recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written & audio-visual health education materials
- Consults w/ physicians & staff regarding related health education services
- Coordinates health information projects such as program catalogs, newsletter, informational displays, & community health events
- Specializes in a specific area of health education (e.g., HIV nutrition, chronic disease, health promotion) as required
- Prepares reports, grants, proposals, & documentation as assigned
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals & priorities
- If Medical Nutrition Therapy is performed, under California Law, this will be performed by only a Registered Dietitian
- If the position requires a Registered Dietitian then this section applies:
- Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
- Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient, customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment, care planning, & education for appropriate nutrition intervention
- Develops, implements & monitors ongoing plan of care based on the screening & assessment of the patient specific nutrition care plans/education & based on the patient's age, nutrition & psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background, & religious affiliation
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in curriculum development
- Two (2) years of recent teaching/program planning, preferred
- Previous individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching experience, preferred
- Bachelor's degree in health education or equivalent experience required
- If position requires the candidate to be a Registered Dietitian, then the following applies:
- Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if candidate has completed the Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND not more than six (6) months has passed since completing the SPP, AND candidate has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate must become a RD within 6 months of completing the SPP to comply with California Law
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory, group process theory and application
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of PC applications required
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Knowledge of behavior change, adult learning theory, preferred
- Curriculum and materials development, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use effective verbal and written communication skills, preferred
- Must be able to work in a Labor Management Partnership Environment
Coachella Valley Administrative Offices, 73733 Fred Waring Dr. Ste. 109-110, Palm Desert,California, 92260
Corona Medical Offices II, 2055 Kellogg Ave., Corona,California, 92879
Iris Medical Offices, 27350 Iris Ave., Moreno Valley,California, 92555
Moreno Valley Heacock Medical Offices, 12815 Heacock St., Moreno Valley,California, 92553
Palm Desert Medical Offices, 75036 Gerald Ford Dr., Palm Desert,California, 92211
Walnut Center - Regional Offices, 393 E. Walnut St., Pasadena,California, 91188
Riverside Medical Center/Medical Offices 1, 10800 Magnolia Ave., Riverside,California, 92505
Wildomar Medical Offices, 36450 Inland Valley Dr., Wildomar,California, 92595
Meridian Medical Offices, 14305 Meridian Pkwy., Riverside,California, 92518
Murrieta Medical Offices, 28150 Keller Rd., Murrieta,California, 92563 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Variable Workdays: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun Working Hours Start: Varies Working Hours End: Varies Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B17-HCP|NUHW|NUHW Healthcare Professionals Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Education / Training Department: Center For Health Living Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.