The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
LVN - Outpatient (Bilingual Spanish) Family Medicine After HoursLocation: Riverside, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 756578 Date posted: 12/26/2018
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities & applicable state, federal & local laws.
- Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, & co-workers; shows courtesy, compassion, & respect; conforms to the critical srv standards established for the Dept & the medical group.
- Provides therapeutic patient care in accordance w/the patients established by the physician & a registered nurse w/in scope of practice.
- Transcribes physician's orders as directed by policy.
- Communicates directly w/registered nurse to institute changes in plan of care; assists w/& contributes to development of nursing care.
- Give specified medication orally, hypodermically, intramuscularly & topically.
- Executes treatments such as urinary catheterizations, bladder irrigations & installations, suctioning procedures, throat irrigations & enemas & utilizing equipment as required.
- Performs related patient care functions such as taking temperature, pulse, respiration & blood pressure readings; applying & removing dressings; may instruct patient in various self-administered treatments or procedures; obtains specimens; assures correct culture collection.
- Assists physician or other medical staff personnel w/examinations & treatments by selecting & passing instruments, providing support & restraint to patient, draping & other assistance as directed or required.
- W/in scope, evaluates patient's condition by observing signs, symptoms, & reactions to therapy, to identify unexpected &/or significant findings, initiates appropriate emergency procedures as necessary & reports unusual conditions to the registered nurse as established by policy & procedure in a timely manner; maintains intravenous flow rate, notifies R.N. of any problems & discontinues needles, except intra-cath & CVP lines.
- Identifies learning barriers.
- Documents patient signs, symptoms, observations & therapeutic treatments to patient's medical record.
- Ensures cleanliness of nursing module, patient room, & environment & proper functioning of patient care equipment by visual inspection, routine testing, & other related methods.
- Provides a safe & therapeutic environment for patients & staff.
- Utilizes effective verbal & non-verbal forms of communication.
- Performs in other areas or units to which assigned as required by nursing administration to provide & maintain the established standards of care & safety.
- Participates in staff meetings & in-srv programs.
- Assists in ordering & distribution of module supplies & equipment.
- Accepts verbal & telephone orders from physician.
- Administers pulse oximetry, humidification therapy, spirometer, oxygen therapy via mask or nasal cannula, oral, nasal & trach suctioning & sputum induction.
- Promotes, ensures, & improves customer srv to internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent w/the organization's philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations & quality srv.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Age Related Competencies: Skills assessments & validations are utilized to ensure that employees providing patient care to specific age groups (i.e. infants, adolescents, elderly, etc.) are proficient in identifying the special needs & behaviors associated w/a particular patient population.
- Assume other activities & responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- Six (6) months of recent medical office or acute care LVN experience.
- Then if unable to fill: Current LVN license, BCLS Certification and successful completion of internal Kaiser New Graduate LVN program.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current LVN License.
- BLS certification.
- Extraordinary customer relations and quality service are critical to our success.
- We seek candidates who can demonstrate these skills and are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our health plan members.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.
- Weekday hours: 12:30 pm - 5:00 pm will be on call; 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm will be set.
- Weekend hours: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm will be on call; 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm will be set.
- Schedule to include rotating weekends, holidays and floating within the established seniority section.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.