Patient Care Assistant
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provides basic nursing care needs to assigned patients & make visual observations reporting abnormalities in accordance w/ established nursing procedures & policies; documents patient observation & direct care information to patient's medical records
- Take assignments accurately. Works as a team member w/ assigned RN & other healthcare workers to provide care
- Visit each assigned patient at the beginning of the shift/assignment & report observations to R.N.
- Make rounds on assigned patients at least every two hours, observing & reporting changes to the R.N.
- Use the multidisciplinary plan of care as a guide for individualized patient care & teaching as directed by the R.N. Identifies discharge barriers & communicates to R.N.
- Assist w/ or provide activities of daily living (ADL's) including baths, linen change of occupied & unoccupied bed, dressing, feeding, providing water, grooming & hygiene, AM & HS care, mouth/foley/peri-care
- Collect simple specimens & record specimen collection
- Reinforce pulmonary hygiene including use of incentive spirometer, sets up oxygen, & connects patient to pulse oximeter
- Provide nourishments; monitor & set up NG feedings, G-tube feeding or J-tube feeding for the nurse to administer
- Administers minor treatments & procedures such as, but not limited to, EKG test administration, non-medicated enemas (Harris flush, soap suds), non-sterile dressing changes; sitz baths, apply ostomy appliances to old, healed sites; perform oral suctioning; safely apply heat/cooling measures; perform surgical preps; complete pre-op checklist
- Perform cast care; apply Buck's traction, CPM machine, sequential stocking
- Perform blood glucose monitoring
- Provide bed exercises, including range of motion & positioning, & assist patient in ambulating when necessary
- For each patient, documents care provided, including but not limited to: Oral intake, all output, vital signs, weights & measurements in a concise, accurate, legible & timely manner in the medical record
- Transports patients for transfer, discharge or other needs as directed
- Provide post-mortem care
- Maintains prescribed standards of cleanliness & organization for assigned work areas replenishing stock supplies as necessary
- Remove faulty, non-functioning equipment from service, label, & report to the appropriate personnel
- Order supplies & equipment as needed. Enters equipment repair requests in EMSR
- Comply w/ patient safety practices/policies
- Comply w/ nursing department policies regarding patient rights, restraints, safety belts, posey jackets/belts & side rails
- Participates in providing appropriate emergency procedures as indicated.
- Respond to codes & other life-threatening situations as appropriate or directed
- Demonstrate understanding of assigned role in external/internal disasters
- Participate in emergency drills & mock codes
- Utilizes house-wide computer to input pending & actual discharges (w/in 10 minutes of patient departure)
- Skills assessments & validations are utilized to ensure that employees providing patient care to specific age groups (i.e. infants, adolescents, elderly, etc.) are proficient identifying the special needs & behaviors associated w/ a particular patient population
• For Riverside and Fontana Positions:
• Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) with 1000 hours of recent (within last 3 years) acute clinical or skilled nursing facility experience (excluding training)
• Current CPR card
• For Fontana Positions: If unable to fill, Certified Nursing Assistant within 1 year of initial certification from a program with clinical training as a PCA Trainee
- Schedule to include rotating weekends, holidays and floating within the established seniority section.
- Rotating weekends
- May schedule up to 40 hours per week.
- This is a benefited position.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.