The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
Patient Educator RN - IBCLC - Full timeLocation: Riverside, CA Additional Locations:
Corona Medical Offices 2055 Kellogg Ave., 2055 Kellogg Ave., Corona,California, 92879
Moreno Valley Medical Offices 12815 Heacock St., 12815 Heacock St., Moreno Valley,California, 92553
Riverside Medical Center 10800 Magnolia Ave., 10800 Magnolia Ave., Riverside,California, 92505
Wildomar Medical Offices 36450 Inland Valley Dr., 36450 Inland Valley Dr., Wildomar,California, 92595
Iris Medical Offices II 27200 Iris Ave., 27200 Iris Ave., Moreno Valley,California, 92555
Meridian Medical Offices 14305 Meridian Pkwy., 14305 Meridian Pkwy., Riverside,California, 92518
Murrieta Medical Offices, 28150 Keller Rd., Murrieta,California, 92563 Job Number: 824511 Date posted: 10/09/2019
- Conducts educational needs assessments to design and develop programs to meet regulatory requirements and organizational, departmental needs.
- Coordinates implements and evaluates programs.
- Communicates and markets education programs to a broad target audience using appropriate methods, and based on identified/assessed needs.
- Makes assessment of physiological and /or functional status using protocols, initiates appropriate interventions.
- Develops individualized member/patient/family education plan focusing on self-management, delivers member/patient/family education (individual or group) specific to disease state.
- Provides direct group or one-on-one health education services to members and the public.
- Reviews and recommends high quality, culturally appropriate written and audio visual health content.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary care teams and committees.
- Collects data; plans and prepares reports for performance improvement and/or quality assurance audits.
- Makes recommendations for cost/quality strategies, works within budget.
- Serves as expert clinical resource to staff and departments in defining and meeting educational, clinical, quality and cost outcomes and performance measures.
- Participates in establishing department policies and protocols that support regulatory standards (JOINT commission, NCQA, MediCal).
- Two (2) years of previous teaching experience required.
- Two (2) years of recent (within the last five (5) years) related clinical experience*.
*Related clinical experience must be defined within the posting notes, specific to the department of hire - adult critical care, med/surg,
- Bachelor's degree or four (4) years of equivalent experience required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California RN license required.
- Adult learning and behavior change knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and group facilitator/process skills.
- Computer literacy skills required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- BLS instructor preferred.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point preferred.
- Able to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Will work rotating weekends within the seniority section
- Current California Driver's License and reliable transportation
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Apr 17, 2019
"I love my job"
- Positive Outlook
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente part-time for more than 2 years
I’ve waited to get in to Kaiser for so long and now that I’m in, I’d never let go. I love people that i work with (although just like any other jobs, it has it’s highs and lows), i love my patients, pay is great and benefits are awesome!! Definitely 1 of the highest paying hospitals in the region.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.