Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Plant Engineer IIILocation: Riverside, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 797684 Date posted: 07/08/2019
- Operates, maintains, inspects, & makes repairs to motors, steam reducing stations, expansion tanks, air compressors, supply & exhaust fans, pumps & valves, steam traps, water treatment systems, water heaters & related auxiliary equipment
- Adjusts, maintains & tests boiler & air conditioning/refrigeration machinery, & all mechanical, electrical or pneumatic control instruments
- Maintains safety devices & makes adjustments as necessary
- Performs electrical repairs such as bed lamps, non-complex electrical devices, changing ballast's, & repairs electrical line cords, fixing light switches, isolating electrical problems & replacing fuses
- Conducts electrical safety tests on equipment, electrical plugs & outlets
- Adds chemicals & makes appropriate adjustments as dictated by control parameters
- Unclogs pipes & plumbing fixtures & related equipment as necessary
- Determines type & extent of equipment malfunction, adjusting, disassembling, repairing or replacing of parts & components; reassembles & test equipment for safe & proper operation
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, single line diagram & repair manuals
- Performs preventative maintenance to include cleaning, oiling, painting, calibration & other related duties to extend the life cycle of equipment, or to maintain a clean, safe, hygienic environmental work area
- Observes, takes readings, evaluates gauges & meters determining operating conditions, regulating equipment to control the operations in accordance w/ the needs of the medical center & all outlying clinics, existing state codes & safety standards
- Cleans or oversees the cleaning of boilers & their associated machinery & equipment to include water towers, DA tanks
- Isolates electrical problems related to plant industrial equipment & makes repairs as necessary
- Repairs & maintains air conditioning & refrigeration equipment to include related electrical circuit analysis
- Troubleshoots & repairs related equipment to include but not limited to thermostats, ice machines, humidifiers, air dampers & other related or associated equipment
- Repair or modify equipment of plant structures by welding using both electrical or oxygen-acetylene equipment, cuts brazes & solders all types of metal materials
- Maintains logs of all plant operations, HVAC systems & records maintenance repairs of alterations to equipment
- Performs various maintenance tasks such as replacing filters, lubricating bearings & repairing cabinets
- Repairs complex electrical devices & components requiring the use of schematic & wiring diagrams
- Performs circuit analysis to localize, isolate & identify defective electrical components using precision test equipment to replace or repair defective components, restoring equipment to an operational state & performing calibration & electrical safety tests
- Four (4) years of experience in building plant operations & maintenance preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Must have EPA Rule 608 Universal Certification.
- This position requires meeting three (3) of the following skill levels: 1) for Fontana Medical Center - Possession of the LA Unlimited Steam Engineers license & EPA Rule 608 Universal certification and for Riverside Medical Center- Possession of the LA Unlimited Steam Engineers License or the 500 HP LA City Steam Engineers License & EPA Rule 608 Universal Certification 2) Passing score on the *air-conditioning maintenance knowledge test & associated performance test & 3) Passing score on the electrical maintenance knowledge test & associated performance test
- Extensive knowledge of Central Plant, HVAC & electrical related equipment & systems, ability to trouble shoot electrical & mechanical systems required
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state & local codes required
- *Those qualifying w/ refrigeration experience must possess EPA Rule 608 Universal Certification
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.