Director, Laboratory Services
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective laboratory services, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Develops and administers policies and procedures keeping with the service value, quality and access goals of the Region. Manages all administrative and clinical operations of the clinical laboratory departments in the facilities in the Service Area.
- Exceptional Care and Service
- In partnership with medical staff determines the provision of laboratory services throughout the region.
- Collaborates with clinical and medical office staff to design and deploy highly reliable standard workflows.
- Directs and manages the technical, clinical, and operational aspects of the laboratory and pathology services at all facilities within service area of responsibility.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and quality of laboratory services across the continuum of care.
- Establishes and maintains an effective collaborative working relationship with providers to identify and resolve problems/issues and improve delivery of laboratory services.
- Develops, implements, and monitors laboratory policies and procedures throughout the Service Area which support the organizations business goals.
- Establishes, implements, monitors and enhances quality control/assurance/risk management programs.
- Monitors test results, equipment, and laboratory information systems.
- Accountable to promote an organizational culture of safety and ensure appropriate patient safety.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Develops, implements and monitors new service offerings to meet changing business needs.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a high-volume acute care clinical laboratory required.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
- Bachelors degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Medical Technologist Certificate
- Comprehensive knowledge of the function and operations of a medical laboratory including thorough knowledge of regulatory (state and federal) agency requirements and professional practice standards to include CLIA, COLA, CAP, NCQA, AABB, local, state and federal regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of supervision, management, personnel management, financial analysis and budgeting.
- Experience in program development, quality improvement and project management.
- Demonstrated understanding and support for diversity in the workplace.
- Ability to think globally and provide line of sight from regional strategy to front-line staff.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills are required in building programs to support and maintain medical staff, administrative and community relationships.
- Working knowledge of clinical computer systems, PC computer skills, and Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in management, process engineering, project documentation, health care capacity planning, business case development, work-flow analysis, and senior-level leadership roles.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in staff development, team building, conflict resolution and group interaction.
- Behavioral interviewing experience.
- Experience in Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Continued involvement in national, state and local professional organization(s).
- Proven ability to organize and manage laboratory operations
- Demonstrated strengths in decision making in a consensus environment and collaborative management style.
- Kaiser Permanente experience
- Lean or Six Sigma Green Belt
- Masters degree
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest