Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Dues Billing ManagerLocation: Rockville, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 781934 Date posted: 05/14/2019
To manage and plan the entire Premium Billing, Collection and Reconciliation process for Federal and Commercial groups including State of Maryland. Implement process improvement related to increasing customer satisfaction for our employer groups.
- Manage the Large group, Mid-Size ,Small Group and Direct Pay Supervisor teams responsible for the day to day activities of the Group Account Representatives assigned to support Federal and group accounts.
- Establishes performance standards, goals, and objectives required to meet departmental accountabilities.
- Coordinate month end close process and process for establishing appropriate reserves for the Federal, Direct Pay and Group segments
- Manage performance and development of supervisor staff assigned to group accounts.
- Oversee Sarbanes Oxley Controls and assure compliance with all internal audits and controls.
- Approves write-offs and account adjustments up to a specified amount per the delegation of Authority.
- Reviews and monitors procedures and production; develops and implements new processes and improvement methods and monitors the results.
- Develops and maintain good working relationships with Sales and Account Management and with Regional personnel and provide leadership that is necessary to resolve issues.
- Participates in defining operational requirements for the design and implementation of new and enhanced automated systems including on line enrollment and billing and/or other new products that support the unit and/or department.
- Establish management reporting and performance metrics that are specifically designed to track and monitor the effective administration of account balances, monthly membership and premium reconciliations, and collections activity.
- Collaborates with department managers and supervisors to ensure issues and problems are being appropriately addressed to derive the desired resolution.
- Creates a work environment conductive to high productivity, effective patient relations, and employee satisfaction.
- Support Labor Management partnership and foster collaborative working environment with labor partners.
- Performs other work related functions as deemed necessary.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Billing and Collections
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Associate's degree OR two (2) years of directly related experience required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Comprehensive knowledge of Billing and Collection department processing and practices is required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Knowledge of automated systems supporting billing and collection activities is required.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Regulations as they apply to all billing. and collection practices is required.
- Skills in method improvements, problem solving, analysis, procedure writing change control required.
- Able to develop personal computer applications using spreadsheet, word processing, and database software.
- Bachelor of Science preferred.
- Ability to track and organize monthly work to support required metrics for the Dues Billing Area.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.