Explore Your Future
With powerful technologies at your fingertips, you'll be the foundation for delivering accurate diagnoses as you ensure an unparalleled patient experience.
Lab Operations Manager - Rockville Regional LaboratoryLocation: Rockville, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 714370 Date posted: 07/11/2018
To develop, manage, and establish policies and procedures for service, continuity of service, and the reliability of laboratory information across a defined geographic area. The geographic area of responsibility includes several separate Medical Facility laboratories that provide regional laboratory services, routine and statistics testing, patient services, and urgent care laboratory services. To manage laboratories to ensure laboratories are in compliance with professional standards, regional guidelines, regulatory licensing requirements, and safety regulations. To supervise the Medical Facility Laboratory Supervisors and Laboratory Supervisors of Regional Services in their geographic areas of responsibility. To provide guidance and establish a mentor role with Laboratory supervisors.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a service delivery strategy that provides timely laboratory information that supports the physician and provider in providing quality care.
- Manages laboratory services and insures continuity of service that meets or exceeds the expectation of physicians, providers, and patients.
- Provides effective communication and planning with service area operations groups regarding service strategies.
- Manages and maintains the payroll, no payroll, and capital equipment budgets within approved budgetary guidelines.
- Develops, establishes, and insures implementation of all technical and service policies, standards, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience are required.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a Supervisor or Manager position are required.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related field is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent certification required.
- Experience with CAP, COLA, and HFCA Inspections.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, chemical safety, accrediting requirements, and data analysis is required.
- Knowledge in most or all lab subspecialties is required.
- Knowledge of government regulations/regulatory compliance is required.
- Knowledge of scientific methods, QA/continuous quality improvement, statistics, instrument function, and infection control.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Professional affiliation is preferred.
About Laboratory Careers
Our clinical laboratory scientists, phlebotomists, and lab techs work in both outpatient clinics and hospital settings and have an opportunity to gain exposure to different areas, including chemistry, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, and the blood bank. We also operate reference laboratories, which serve as hubs for specimen processing and analysis as well as specialized testing — such as microbiology and molecular biology. Offering modern facilities, advanced equipment, and scheduling options, we provide a dynamic environment in which you'll continue to learn and grow.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.