Manager, Sales II
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Sets and prioritizes team objectives and contributes to individual departments tactical execution of strategy.
- Plans and establishes a course of action for team or unit; establishes priorities to accomplish goals, allocate resources and track results.
- Responsible for selecting, developing, and deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
- Responsible for performance management, compensation decisions, rewarding and recognizing employees, and providing on-going, regular performance feedback.
- Build on the use of competency based hiring practices and implement new sales executive training program.
- Effectively leverages KPs Manager Coaching Program to support team development and account management excellence.
- Formulates moderately complex, effective plans consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization and/or functional area. Such plans will include special broker incentives, product enhancement and development, benefit design, pricing and sales strategies and process improvement. Identify and develop target prospects.
- Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities.
- Provides input, with regional and MSBD leaders, in the assessment, development and execution of business and market segment plans, including forecast and target setting activities.
- Anticipate business, marketplace and competitor dynamics and develop/implement strategies the ensure growth and mitigate adverse risks.
- Collaborates with Business Line Leaders across the Enterprise to measure and lower acquisition costs through the implementation of best practices and shared services.
- Maintains relationships with key local influencers, consultants, brokers, decision makers, and community groups that will further the local presence strategy for Kaiser Permanente.
- Ensures a high level of service is provided to new group customers and their consultants and brokers during the enrollment process to ensure smooth transitions to the account management team.
- Build external relationships with key brokers and consultants to understand their perspectives and influence their buying decisions.
- Develop and manage new marketing distribution channels and enhance existing sales channels, e.g. brokers, direct, business coalitions, etc.
- Collaborates on the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve new membership goals and optimal partnership in each account.
- Monitors and evaluates moderately complex plans; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes.
- Develops and implements comprehensive sales plan to meet the overall business objectives for membership, revenue and margin.
- Accountable for ensuring payroll/non-payroll budget for their department/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
- Assists in the development, population, and maintenance of program and/or region-wide relevant data and information, including competitive data, LOB financials, and ad hoc reporting.
- Responsible for funds management in order to grow or retain membership in books of business and member forecasting.
- Ensure and provide required documentation that account management activities and staff are operating as 100% compliant per state and internal regulatory guidelines.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships of which two (2) years must have been spent in a direct management capacity or two (2) years of demonstrated leadership experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of the above experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
- Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
- Strong analytical ability, with ability to design, track, and work toward specific measurable performance targets for self and team.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of health care industry and local markets for managed health care products.
- Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.