Molecular Oncology Technical Specialist,
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Accurately performs and completes laboratory procedures of high complexity on tissue samples and bodily fluids per laboratory protocols and policies.
- Applies the appropriate control measures in extraction method and analyzer with abnormal results. Handles results per the protocol and notifies the necessary personnel.
- Troubleshoots assays and all related instrumentation. Maintains and revises as needed all related technical policies and procedures, including instrument/equipment maintenance by maintaining equipment quality control and preventive maintenance.
- Completes technical, regulatory proficiency in all areas of assigned responsibility.
- Performs material management functions, including equipment justification/selection, inventory/supply coordination. Orders and maintains adequate and appropriate/cost-effective supplies and reagents for the service.
- Maintains service filing systems to include specimen, paraffin-blocked tissue(s), prepared slides, service records, and all related documents as established by the service.
- Performs chemical hazardous waste disposal and follows safety guidelines according to current Kaiser Permanente operating policies and procedures in line with regulatory guidelines.
- Clarifies, resolves, and documents quality issues, including (but not limited to) invalid test results, failed QC, inadequate grossing, incorrect tissue handling protocols, tissue block discordance, or other concerns regarding the handling of a specimen.
- Assists in duties as deemed necessary by the Anatomic Pathology Manager, Medical Director, and Laboratory Director.
- Minimum three (3) years of previous work experience in Lab/Pathology.
- Bachelors degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical, or biological science required.
- Proper documentation for applicable degree is required (i.e., copies of diplomas, transcripts, or International Degree Equivalency Report). Major must be clearly stated on the document. If diploma does not indicate the major, an additional document that states major is required.
- Clinical Lab Scientist Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Histologic Technician Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Medical Lab Scientist Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Hisotologic Technologist Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists OR Medical Technologist Certificate from American Society for Clinical Pathologists
- Molecular experience preferred.
- Immunohistochemistry experience preferred.
- Masters degree is preferred.
- Quantitative Immunohistochemistry certification preferred.