Sales & Marketing
Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Product Manager, Strategic Market PlanningLocation: Rockville, MD Job Number: 913021 Date posted: 11/05/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Leads the ongoing analysis, planning, and management of a product or products within a product line or product family and facilitates corrective actions to improve product financial (membership, revenue, margin) and administrative (health plan and delivery system operations) performance.
- Develops an annual product plan containing target performance metrics, initiatives and strategies that are consistent with overall regional goals.
- Works with Sr. Product Managers to support multi-disciplinary task groups that assess the marketing, financial, operations, administrative, and clinical implications of specific product changes and enhancements.
- Leads the implementation of product enhancements as appropriate. Ensures product enhancements, initiatives, and strategies are implemented consistent with agreed upon timelines and milestone dates. Oversees weekly progress in key project initiatives.
- Updates, monitors, and enhances as necessary a product dashboard to monitor and track product performance.
- Coordinates product documentation and assists with product training as appropriate.
- Ensures contractual compliance with benefit filings and other regulatory issues.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in health care and/or marketing with an emphasis in product management, or three (3) years of relevant experience with a Masters degree required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in leading complex, interdisciplinary projects to a timely completion required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with spreadsheets (Excel), presentation graphics (PowerPoint), and word processing (Word) tools required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, health care or a related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple clients is required.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse workforce and cross functional groups required.
- Master's degree in business, health care or a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory and contractual requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of various analytical methods and statistical techniques preferred.
- Knowledge of current health care marketplace dynamics and Kaiser Permanente's position in the market preferred.
- Knowledge of Kaiser Permanente operations and marketing processes and strategies preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!