Program Manager - Sales and Account ManagementRockville, MD
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
We work as one — to the power of 276,000. Every single member of our team is essential to our success. Together, we help deliver a healthier tomorrow while focusing on the wellness of our patients and our communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Program Manager - Sales and Account Management
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Program Manager is responsible for supporting the Sr. Director, Sales Operations and MSBD Leadership Team for implementing and maintaining the strategic initiatives and the technical and reporting requirements of the Marketing, Sales & Business Development(MSBD) department.
- Supports the Sr. Director, Sales Operations and leadership within the MSBD department in the delivery of special projects that are determined to be integral to the efficiency of the marketing, sales and account management departments, and, by extension, integral to achieving annual membership, revenue and margin objectives.
- Concurrently track and identify process delays or breakdowns and instigate immediate corrective actions.
- Facilitates cross-functional (sales, underwriting, membership accounting, PPMC, Sales Operations, legal, etc.) communication, project coordination and commitment of achieving renewal process targets.
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives that improve the overall function of the sales, account management and underwriting departments within MSBD.
- Advises management of trends, issues, and conditions nationally and within the local markets as appropriate.
- Supports Account Management team in the overall implementation or renewal process, including Research, presentation, preparation, reporting and training coordination.
- Proactively communicates to renewal process participants the projected workloads and timelines/targets for the renewal process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum six (6) years of project management or customer service experience required
- Bachelors Degree OR (4) years of directly related experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated devotion to detail and follow-up is required.
- Demonstrated systems thinking with ability to approach work as part of an interconnected system in which change to one part of the organization produces change and impact within the whole structure is required.
- Demonstrates creativity in identifying and implementing solutions to complex issues is required.
- Demonstrates a strong self-initiative and self-motivation is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.