Psychotherapist II $5k Sign On Bonus
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Completes mental status and psychosocial assessment of members.
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy and classes, in person and through telemedicine, implementing goal specific and measurable treatment plans.
- Evaluates, counsels and refers members to more appropriate mental health provider(s) or to community resources when indicated.
- Provides urgent care and crisis intervention as indicated
- Provides more specialized treatment modalities when qualified by special training
- Consults regularly with psychiatrists on member care
- Communicates with Behavioral Health colleagues, Primary Care providers, and other Kaiser Permanente providers and agencies as needed to facilitate integrative care
- Prepares and submits reports on mental health activities requested
- Participates in staff development meetings and in quality of care activities on a regular basis
- Manages panel and practice management within departmental guidelines
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum five (5) years of Post Masters clinical experience in mental health required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing individual and group therapy required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing urgent care or crisis intervention required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) required.
- Masters degree in social work or counseling required
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Clinical Professional Counselor License (Maryland) within 12 months of hire OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Certified (Maryland) within 12 months of hire
- Professional Counselor License (Virginia) within 12 months of hire OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Virginia) within 12 months of hire OR Social Worker License (Virginia) within 12 months of hire
- Licensed Social Worker (District of Columbia) within 12 months of hire OR Independent Clinical Social Worker License (District of Columbia) within 12 months of hire OR Professional Counselor License (District of Columbia) within 12 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart Association
- Enrollment in PECOS within 90 days of hire required.
- Able to rapidly adapt to change
- Treatment planning expertise.
- Strong assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Strong individual and group therapy skills.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software required.
- Customer focus and strong ability to function as a team member.
- Efficient and effective practice management in a fast-paced clinical setting.
- Must complete Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within 6 months of hire date.
- Experience providing DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) preferred
- Experience working with Eating Disorder, OCD, and / or Borderline Personality Disorder Populations preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.