Sales & Marketing
Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Sales Executive/Representative - Direct I (seasonal/temporary)Location: Rockville, MD Job Number: 831836 Date posted: 11/17/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Accountable for managing a sales territory and strategic plans to achieve sales goals and strategic objectives by cultivating new client relationships and closing sales. Initiate and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships in order to grow membership and drive margin. Implement new sales plans and effective marketing strategies and positions the organization competitively. Prospect and qualify appropriate new business opportunities, gain commitment to do business with KP, and ensure high quality customer experience. Develop a culture of collaboration and accountability between sales and other key internal/external partners.
- Define and develop sales opportunities for membership growth.
- Meet monthly/annual sales targets through outbound prospecting, phone and field sales presentations, and closing of prospective customers.
- Develop and execute sales strategy for maximizing member and revenue growth.
- Complete review and analysis of sales strategies and communicate lessons learned and future strategies.
- Participate in industry related associations and organization activities.
- Maintain e-mail database for all referral channels for e-communication.
- Engage in marketing activities in all identified traditional and alternative distribution channels.
- Develop internal relationship with KP stakeholders in order to maximize KP resources and conduct community outreach and development programs.
- Work collaboratively with referral channel resources to maximize sales opportunities.
- Ensure accurate enrollment processes.
- Prospect and qualify appropriate new business opportunities.
- Identify and qualify prospects.
- Assess prospects and prioritize best opportunity sales.
- Maintain accuracy of prospect database.
- Develop a channel plan.
- Report channel profile and performance results to management.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners on strategies for targeted prospects and final sales efforts.
- Develop and maintain targeted prospect list and outreach efforts to both the purchasers and centers of influence (referral sources).
- Ensure timely follow-up on customer/broker issue and concerns.
- Contribute to competitively positioning KP in the marketplace.
- Identify key competitors in the marketplace.
- Share competitive information with Sales and Marketing team.
- Use competitive information to identify trends.
- Collect, aggregate, and report competitive developments and trends for organizational strategic planning.
- Collaborate with others in KP to develop competitive strategy.
- Articulate KP position on significant business issues.
- Seek opportunities for improving KP image/visibility in the community.
- Consult with referral channels and customers to demonstrate value and build commitment to KP.
- Create credibility with account contacts by demonstrating knowledge of each purchaser's unique benefit package and builds awareness about added services.
- Keep referral channels informed on health care industry trends and KP development.
- Responsible for demonstrating and teaching brokers KP online technology.
- Identify customer's needs and recommend appropriate solutions, linking KP mission, vision and values, key quality measures, key care management initiatives, and current services initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with community influencers, KP medical office administrators, brokers and KP
employees to enhance the knowledge and buying experience of prospective members.
- Two (2) years of sales or customer service experience within an office setting analyzing and resolving customer problems or field sales role.
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED).
License, Certification, Registration
- Proven track record of successful sales dealing with high-levels of issue complexity and relationship sensitivity.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Proficiency in effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable, insured transportation and a valid drivers license.
- Appropriate Maryland, Virginia and DC Life and Health Insurance licenses within 90 days of hire date.
- One (1) year of healthcare experience working within an office setting.
- One (1) year of experience working with healthcare claims.
- One (1) year of experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships in the healthcare industry.
- Previous experience working with regulations related to marketing, benefits, enrollment and other guidelines as governed by regulatory agencies.
- Previous experience selling to the individual consumer.
- (For Medicare only) Previous experience selling Medicare products.
- (For Medicare only) Successful completion of AHIP Sponsored Medicare Marketing Training and KP Individual Medicare Product and Benefit training and/or other CMS required courses.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!