Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Senior Data AnalystLocation: Rockville, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 857285 Date posted: 01/14/2020
Provide quantitative measurement and data analysis expertise for Delivery System Operations. Responsible for implementing established, as well as developing and applying innovative techniques for measuring, analyzing, and reporting on healthcare processes, health outcomes, and health costs.
- Independently determines and implements appropriate measurement and analytical methods to achieve specified analytical project or tasks objectives.
- Exercises independent professional judgment regarding analysis assumptions and data quality. Identifies and resolves data quality issues, as required.
- Coordinates the work of other project team members (UCDA staff, regional analytic staff, and contractors) to accomplish specified analytical project or task objectives.
- Determines the most informative approaches to summarizing data and communicating analytical results. Develops, as required, innovative or customized templates and formats.
- Implements specified quality assurance procedures to ensure accuracy of project data, results, written reports, and presentation materials.
- Designs and creates written reports and presentation materials describing project objectives, methods, data, and results.
- Given project or task data requirements, determines the most efficient approach to data collection and validation and works independently to obtain needed data from KP HealthConnect information systems (e.g. Clarity).
- Trains and coaches less-experienced healthcare data analysts on data retrieval techniques, programming practices, and statistical analysis and data visualization methods in the context of specific tasks.
- Specifies project quality assurance reviews and tests based on project characteristics and requirements. Provides guidance to other healthcare data analysts regarding the implementation of such QA reviews and tests.
- Develops detailed measurement and reporting specifications based on project characteristics and requirements provide by project leadership. Provides guidance to other healthcare data analysts regarding the implementation of such specifications.
- Applies analytic knowledge, skills and experience to perform project-related work, complete specific project tasks, and create project deliverables.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in data analysis.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Disciplinary training in advanced quantitative measurement methods (mathematics or statistics), ideally in the context of a quantitative social science or health services research.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication of technical material.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working as a member of a technical project team on complex projects.
- Skills in analytical methods including problem and model formulation, algorithm selection, and development of overall solution strategy.
- Creativity, critical thinking, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience with analysis of large administrative databases and computer-intensive statistical analysis (preferably using SAS), multivariate statistical methods, general research methodology.
- Ability to train and coach less-experienced team members on technical tasks.
- Considered functional expert.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry, especially healthcare analytics preferred.
- Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente healthcare system preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.