Senior Director, Community Relations and Stakeholder Engagement
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
By leveraging Kaiser Permanentes expertise and resources, provides skilled strategic leadership in Community Relations & Stakeholder Engagement. Leads initiatives, strategies and events that elevate the visibility of the Kaiser Permanente mission and Brand. Supports growth and business development, and secures goodwill with private and public stakeholders, including but not limited to philanthropic and non-profit leaders, advocates government officials, business leaders and other influential stakeholders. Collaborates with internal KP leaders, including in Branding, Communications, Community Engagement (BCCE), Marketing Sales & Business Development (MSBD), Government Relations (GR), Human Resources (HR) and the Regional Presidents Office to develop and execute a broad portfolio of region-wide initiatives and events that focus on corporate social responsibility, internal and external stakeholder engagement and community relations. Accountable for building and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and vendors, managing budgets, and meeting desired outcomes for a broad range of community relations and stakeholder engagement investments including but not limited to sponsorships, donations, memberships and Board service, and volunteerism. Represents Kaiser Permanente as a national health leader, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Business Development and Strategy: Drives and leads Community Relations & Stakeholder Engagement goals through innovative scalable strategies (i.e. sponsorships, events, board service, volunteerism, etc.) that align with mission, business imperatives and growth goals.
- Develops, cultivates, maintains, and manages key internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensures enterprise-wide Community Relations and internal and external Stakeholder Engagement strategies and events in the region are well designed/planned, strategic, scalable, successfully implemented and regionally appropriate.
- Assesses and escalates risks and provides guidance on risk mitigation related to nonprofit status and other regulatory matters.
- Leads planning and strategy for budget resource allocation to support the CR, strategic sponsorships, and regional events programming portfolio.
- Proactively analyzes and leverages relevant qualitative and quantitative industry and market data to identify and leverage opportunities to achieve visibility and impact through strategic CR, strategic sponsorship investments and high visibility internal / external events and stakeholder engagement activities.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of combined relevant experience in in the areas of community relations, corporate social responsibility, strategic planning, and/or healthcare required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing staff or project teams required.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Care Administration and/or four (4) year of experience in related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Existing relationships with key private and public stakeholders, including but not limited to philanthropic and non-profit leaders, advocates, government officials, business leaders and other influential stakeholders required.
- Solid written and oral communication skills that demonstrate subject matter competence and ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders required.
- Existing and emerging knowledge of industry best practices in organizing and implementing community relations policies/programs required.
- Ability to make clear, decisive decisions with agility and speed to capitalize on busines opportunities required.
- Strong people management track record, including cultivating and developing emerging leaders required.
- Proven track record with project management skills, and ability to maintain high productivity amid competing priorities in an organized manner required.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment under pressure required.
- Proven ability to develop and execute multi-pronged strategy to achieve measurable business results required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own work; exercise independent judgment, initiative and motivation required.
- Ability to work, think and execute in an inter-dependent, collaborative and/or matrix environment required.
- Proven ability to think strategically, act tactically and follow through to produce deliverables required.
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving in a complex environment, and ability to work effectively and drive consensus among diverse stakeholders required.
- Experience in leading complex initiatives with diverse stakeholders preferred.
- Experience in building, cultivating and leading community relations and stakeholder engagement strategies preferred.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Health Care Administration and/or related field.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.