Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Sr Financial Planning Anlyst - Rockville Regional OfficesLocation: Rockville, MD Additional Locations:
Job Number: 742617 Date posted: 10/12/2018
- Prepares highly detailed short and long range financial modeling for the region. Analyzes actual financial data to explain variances, identify trends and call attention to operational issues that need to be addressed to improve performance. Prepares revised current year forecast to update Senior Management on projected year-end results and the impact on future performance. Serves as a project manager to coordinate with peer departments in order to prepare region' quarterly performance review with Program level senior leadership team. Serves as a liaison to Program Office to communicate results and reforecast.
- Designs and develops various regular and special reports for both financial and statistical matters in order to facilitate financial management throughout the organization. Organizes and conducts regular meetings with Administrative VPs to review financial results for their areas. Acts as an internal consultant to Kaiser Senior Management team on reading and interpreting financial results, analyzing variances and improving performance.
- Creates and coordinates training sessions for business managers on financial reporting systems and budget process.
- Provides support in evaluating costs of various business proposals. Evaluates the profitability of various areas with the region. (Examples are: pharmacy and optical operations and the Baltimore sub-region.)
- Designs and maintains sophisticated computer models, graphs and presentations to accomplish the above tasks.
- Analyzes the operation of the computer systems that we utilize (General ledger, FTE, RMS, Membership, etc.) to identify ways to obtain optimal usage. Reviews computer system reports (writes reports in GL System as necessary) and recommends changes to enhance reporting.
- Serves as a resource for other staff, both within and outside the Department.
- Minimum four (4) years of analytical experience with finance data or statistical analysis required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with advanced skills in Excel, Power Point, or other spreadsheet/database/presentation software required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or finance OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization required.
- Familiarity with budgeting for forecasting required.
- Master's degree in business preferred.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.