Health Care & Hospital Operations
Excellence: It Starts Here
As a recognized leader in health care delivery, policy, and technology, we answer the needs of more than 11 million men, women, and children every day through the work we do. This mission begins with the passion, vision, and commitment of our leaders.
VP, Marketing, Communications & Community Relations - MASLocation: Rockville, MD Job Number: 932990 Date posted: 01/13/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Reporting to the Regional President, this position has regional responsibility to achieve the Region's mission and overall business objectives, with particular focus on the deployment, promotion and protection of the powerful Kaiser Permanente national brand with internal and external stakeholders and support of regional membership growth. The regional Vice President is responsible for advocating on behalf of the Kaiser Permanente brand with internal colleagues, external stakeholders, and the media across all communications channels and vehicles. This position also plays an important role in working with peers across all Kaiser Permanente regions and with the national leaders in brand management and strategy, public relations, community health, marketing and communications. The regional Vice President directly oversees the marketing, creative services, community health/community benefit, corporate/internal communications, advertising, public relations, external and internal events, and issues management functions for the Mid-Atlantic region.
The position requires considerable leadership and communications strategy expertise in a number of key areas including:
Brand strategy to promote the Kaiser Permanente brand and model of care in Mid-Atlantic.
Advertising strategy for the local market that aligns with national messaging campaigns.
Executive communications for Mid-Atlantic’s regional president and joint leadership team.
Public relations and media relations with local media and key external stakeholders.
Internal communications to engage the region’s employees and physicians in improving performance to meet business objectives.
Issues management to protect Kaiser Permanente's brand in Mid-Atlantic.
Marketing strategy to achieve membership growth within various lines of business.
Business strategy to lead and align regional health work with national areas of focus.
This position has responsibility for providing leadership to the organization's community relations efforts which includes: the community benefits programs that fulfill the organization's charitable mission; community relations to ensure that the organization is viewed as a committed and enduring neighbor; and as a civic leader committed to ensuring the economic and social vibrancy of the Mid-Atlantic region.
• The incumbent promotes Kaiser Permanente’s mission to provide affordable, high-quality health care services and improve the health of our members and the communities we serve; through: marketing and branding activities; implementation of Kaiser Permanente’s Community Health Needs Assessment and execution plans to support national Common Areas of Focus; internal communications, public relations and social media, and marketing activities coordinated with the senior leadership in the Health Plan and the Medical Group. Principle accountabilities include:
• Directs and oversees the marketing message, media and communications strategy and plan needed to deliver the business goals in Mid-Atlantic. Collaborates with national Advertising on a proactive media plan to support the region’ business goals and marketing efforts.
• Oversees all aspects of regional Community Health plan, advocacy, and work priorities. Works extensively with both internal and external stakeholders to impact the health and well-being of the communities that Kaiser Permanente serves.
• In conjunction with Chief Financial Officer, oversees Community Benefit financial portfolio and ensures compliance with national and regional policies and regulations.
• Develops and implements a strategic communications plan to support regional leadership and the regional operating plan.
• Develops and implements a strategic employee/physician engagement strategy.
• Collaborates with national Communications and Marketing on brand strategy.
• Manages advertising, public relations, events, sponsorships and other community engagements, working collaboratively with national advertising and public relations teams.
• Oversees issues management and works collaboratively with National Issues Management
• Creates strategic linkages, alliances and integration within principle areas of responsibility, with the Region’s other strategic priorities and in the community in the form of strategic partnerships to enhance KP’s influence, return on investment or impact.
• Assures effective alignment and coordination of all communications (face-to-face, online, video and print).
• Oversees all community relations activities to ensure that the organization is viewed as a committed and enduring neighbor
• Coordinates all activities, funding and partnerships to ensure that the organization is viewed as a civic leader committed to ensuring the economic and social vibrancy of the Mid-Atlantic region.
• Actively participates in the Marketing Executive Leadership Team, the Enterprise Communications Leadership Team and the Community Health Executive Committee to bring regional perspective to the work and help ensure success in every KP region.
• Ensures that external and internal events and sponsorships deliver a positive experience, fully reflect the Kaiser Permanente brand and support the organization.
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in progressively responsible communications, public relations, and/or marketing roles with a strong understanding of the business needs and competitive challenges of the health care industry are required.
• Advanced degree in a business, communications, or health related field.
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated deep understanding of community health needs (preferably in the Mid-Atlantic).
• A seasoned executive with a sophisticated approach to motivating employees and peers; demonstrated ability to serve as a trusted advisor and strong and collaborative leader.
• Broad knowledge of the technical elements involved in marketing, communications, public relations, issues management and advertising.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Health Care & Hospital Operations Careers
Envision the future, inspire change, and deliver results. Put your talents to work not just at a powerful business, but at an organization dedicated to empowering the health and well-being of millions. As a valued member of the Kaiser Permanente team, your visionary and strategic contributions are especially vital to our success. Come drive change within the organization and across the future of health care.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.