Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Financial AnalystLocation: Roseville, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 830689 Date posted: 10/11/2019
Prepares more complex financial trend and data analysis reports. May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data by junior staff. Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances and prepares summary of key findings. Responsible for more complex departments/functions. Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets. May be responsible for budget system completion. Participates in projects of moderate complexity as assigned and may lead projects of low complexity.
- May monitor department budgets by reviewing data in the financial system and communicating with the managers/chiefs.
- Investigates and corrects errors.
- Prepares advanced financial trend and data analysis reports.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data by junior staff.
- Participates in the development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for entry in budget system with accuracy.
- Performs ad-hoc projects/studies of moderate scope utilizing knowledge of finance theories such as present value and cash flow analysis.
- Conducts ongoing user education and provides management consultation on the use reports, methodologies and source data and systems.
- Communicates and supports analytical findings.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements.
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Able to formulate study designs and conduct analyses.
- Required proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics,
pivot tables, and macros.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organization skills.
- Works under general guidance; accountable to complete work assignments.
- Able to provide functional direction to Finance Assistant staff or junior level analyst staff.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred
- This position requires an ability to perform financial and operational analysis.
- Strong business consultancy skills preferred
- Strong candidates will also possess some technical skills e.g. programming in SAS
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.