Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Performer IILocation: Roseville, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 777475 Date posted: 03/07/2019
Theater performer for audiences of different ages, different socioeconomic backgrounds and social climates. Represents Educational Theater Program to community and media and participates in health education training as well as serves as a peer educator and role model.
- Perform, model and assist with all aspects of production, which includes, but is not limited to, preparation, rehearsal, and performance for acting roles assigned. Apply creative, original and intellectual skills in developing and performing various roles and scripts. Work with and perform for audiences of different ages, different socioeconomic backgrounds and social climates, in a manner that captures audience's attention and interest and most effectively communicates health education message. May include understudying one or more acting roles.
- Participate in health education training and peer counseling to serve as a peer educator and role model for students at all times. Represent ETP to the community and media. Appear at community and company events.
- Responsible for exercising discretion and independent judgment while touring in accordance with position duties and Kaiser Permanente policies. Assist with evaluation of program effectiveness by gauging level of audience responsiveness and providing feedback. Approximately 8-10 weeks out-of-town travel required. Drive company vehicles, set up and strike set, production related administration work. May be responsible for additional program duties.
- High school, acting training.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid California driver's license.
- Experience with and continued desire to work full-time, term acting position with community services health education theatre programs.
- Experience in Health education training, touring theatre and working with ages 5 to 18 years old.
- Proven ability to learn and perform a variety of roles, and ability and willingness to participate in an ensemble process.
- Ability and desire to play characters between 12 and 18 years old for Peer Education component of program.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and perform for audiences of different ages, different socioeconomic backgrounds and social climates, in a manner that captures audience's attention and interest and most effectively communicates health education message.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in understanding the message of the Educational Theatre and the specific roles and scripts.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to be excellent role models for making healthy choices.
- Rehire dependent upon continued ability to look and act the assigned parts appropriately.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with ages 5-18 years old.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Performer I or equivalent preferred.
- Formal, advanced level acting training and touring theatre experience.
- Health education training and experience.
- Bilingual Spanish, Cantonese or Tagalog preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.