Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Anesthesia Technical Assistant (On-Call)Location: Sacramento, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 856355 Date posted: 01/14/2020
- On a daily basis and in accordance with department standards, maintains and services all electronic and mechanical equipment used by Anesthesia Department personnel.
- Sets-up transducers, calibrates and zeros monitors.
- Assembles pediatric and adult ventilator circuits.
- Prepares procedural equipment such as the CVP, arterial line, Swan-Ganz and routine intravenous lines.
- Operates, calibrates and performs routine maintenance on a variety of technical equipment used in the operating room such as the Drager and/or Narkomed anesthesia machines, HP Monitors, pulse oximeter and rapid infusion/transfusion systems.
- Identifies malfunctioning equipment, troubleshoots equipment problems and refers more serious equipment problems to appropriate technical repair personnel when there are no established guidelines.
- Assists in the establishment and maintenance of a regular schedule of preventive maintenance and calibration of monitors utilized in the administration of anesthesia, including the BP physiological monitors, Datascope, Propac monitor and Nellcor pulse oximeters.
- Assists in positioning and supporting patients for regional anesthesia procedures such as spinal and epidurals.
- Supports the Anesthesia Provider during insertion of arterial catheter lines and internal jugular catheters.
- Applies monitoring devices to the patient and operates all common physiological monitors (Datex, pulse oximeter, C02 monitor, BP monitors cuffs).
- Removes and disposes of all relevant supplies and equipment following use, exchanging soiled for clean parts between cases and restocking room carts with supplies and drugs.
- Assists in monitoring and ordering supplies for the department.
- Maintains an inventory in the main anesthesia workroom.
- Orders from the pharmacy and stocks all non scheduled drugs.
- May order and stock non-scheduled drugs.
- Cleans and decontaminates equipment per Sterile Processing Department protocols; this includes the disassembly of equipment and sterilization in accordance to the Center for Disease Control guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious and contagious diseases.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Hospital experience with an understanding of the function and operation of various kinds of anesthesia equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- BLS required.
- American Society of Anesthesia Technologist and Technicians, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Anesthesia department operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic instruments and treatment procedures commonly used in the administration of anesthesia.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic anatomy.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must possess an understanding of aseptic and infection control.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.